Battery

Reaction score
Hi

My P2 only came with one battery and it gives me 11 mins of flying time on average .
Dare I spend £60 on ebay to get another from China or would it be risky .
Seem to jump in cost from £60 to well over £100 , of which I find ridiculous .

Thanks

Hi

My P2 only came with one battery and it gives me 11 mins of flying time on average .
Dare I spend £60 on ebay to get another from China or would it be risky .
Seem to jump in cost from £60 to well over £100 , of which I find ridiculous .

Thanks

You have three choices either buy from China for £59.90 on ebay/uk, £130.00 also on ebay/uk or modify you P2 in order to use standard Multistar 5200mAh 11.1v batteries. I'm in the process of doing this myself even though I have 6 good batteries.

Multistar LiHV High Capacity 5200Mah 3S Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

If you have a gimbal, GoPro camera, iOSD and video transmitter mounted on your P2 15 -16 minutes is the best you get from a new battery and it's down hill from there.

Look you take a risk ordering aftermarket batteries directly from China not only money but time wish. It will take close to a month before you receive the products from them but also customs you'll have to pay. Glad I do not live on your side of the pond. Here in the states the price for an OEM battery is $129 USD (£104.20) and of course aftermarket 5400mAh batteries run anywhere from $54.99 USD and up.

Check out this video on how to modify a P2 in order to use standard lipo batteries.

Thanks Jason for info .The mod looks a little bit risque !!. Apart from time issues are Chinese batterys of a decent quality /build

Thanks Jason for info .The mod looks a little bit risque !!. Apart from time issues are Chinese batterys of a decent quality /build

Buying aftermarket battery directly from China is risky as they are only interested in your money and not the in quality their product.

Doing the modification is not as risque as it appears. I have taken two cases apart use dremel tool with a cutting wheel on the sides and rear of the case but didn't have to cut the front as it snaps together. But you do need to be careful not cut into the batteries. The reason for doing it in the first place is that those lipo batteries of cost $43.99 USD which is a third of what the OEM's sell for. Look flight time isn't that important as the video and there is no need to fly miles for the footage that is meaningless and a lot of footage can be gather in 3 to 5 minutes in the air just depends on what you need it for.

I've been using the cheap Chinese batteries for nearly two years - without a *single* problem. I can't say you'll have the same luck, but they work great for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl