battery not putting out voltage but showing fully charged

wow horizon fpv is great. i emailed them and they are going to ship it via post office instead of DHL so the price will be much cheaper than 60 bucks.... more like 40-45ish. thanks again for the suggestions... its tempting to do the battery mod on this and put pigtails on for externals since its already open.... hmmm
Glad Horizon pulled through. They were keeping the battery boards when we people sent in 2 DJI batteries. They were splitting one into 2x2S and keeping the boards so I knew they had some. If I remember correctly, when I shorted mine out, the switch side was dead... Even when I powered on the battery. And you want to solder your leads to the switched side. From what I remember, soldering pigtails to the unswitched side produced poor results in run time. I may be wrong but I could have sworn that was the case.

Glad Horizon pulled through. They were keeping the battery boards when we people sent in 2 DJI batteries. They were splitting one into 2x2S and keeping the boards so I knew they had some. If I remember correctly, when I shorted mine out, the switch side was dead... Even when I powered on the battery. And you want to solder your leads to the switched side. From what I remember, soldering pigtails to the unswitched side produced poor results in run time. I may be wrong but I could have sworn that was the case.

Thanks again Ed for the info... yes if i remember correctly from the reading ive done on the battery mod you solder to the switched side. ill report back if all goes well with new board on battery.

Yeah switched side for sure. I've done it over a dozen times myself. I am just not sure if the unswitched side would work well. That's what I thought you were saying about being tempted to do the battery mod...

Yeah switched side for sure. I've done it over a dozen times myself. I am just not sure if the unswitched side would work well. That's what I thought you were saying about being tempted to do the battery mod...
oh i see... yea i just meant since I had the battery cracked open i was thinking about going ahead and doing the mod but for certain i would do it on the switched side.

Yeah you can try but I think it doesn't behave well on the unswitched side. I think it's mentioned somewhere in the dual battery mod thread.

Yeah you can try but I think it doesn't behave well on the unswitched side. I think it's mentioned somewhere in the dual battery mod thread.
lol i just said i would do it on the switched side not on the unswitched... no reason not to go with what is tested and works right?

I got you but I'm saying your switched side is most likely dead on your original board.

I got you but I'm saying your switched side is most likely dead on your original board.
ohhhhh ok i see... yea i went ahead and ordered a board from hpv horizons i meant when i put it all back together... i honestly likely wont as I want to test this battery extensively after repair... yea the old board is done for i screwed it up further trying to "fix" it.... i ordered the board from them earlier today when they told me they would ship it standard post... thanks again man i really appreciate the tip.

Yup no prob. I thought I damaged my cells when I shorted out my battery but the board took the hit. Tested the cells and have been flying that battery no problem. Good idea to test it first a few times.

Reactions: shr00m
battery open... tested leads from cells reads at over 15 volts... so battery is still good... going to try to find a fuse on the board... if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated
The fuse is in software. reprogramming it is complicated, and shown here:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl