Battery not charging

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a pilot returning from a Mavic Pro and before that a phantom 3. I just unboxed my new Phantom 4 Pro and when I put it on the charger nothing is happening. It’s been like this a for a few minutes and the remote charges just fine so I know the charger is not broken. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 464A66B1-AA42-4D26-8916-B36DE87E657A.jpeg
    464A66B1-AA42-4D26-8916-B36DE87E657A.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 271
Hello everyone. I am a pilot returning from a Mavic Pro and before that a phantom 3. I just unboxed my new Phantom 4 Pro and when I put it on the charger nothing is happening. It’s been like this a for a few minutes and the remote charges just fine so I know the charger is not broken. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Do any lights come on at all without charger,,,,if batt nearly fully charged from box lights on charger might not come on,,I think batt can come down to 90 to 95% before charger do its thing (light up).....any lights come on when pressed and held for 5 sec,,,if no lights I think return is needed,,I don't think it hybination mode,,should come on out of the box

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave the pack on the charger for an hour or so- if charging doesn’t commence return for replacement. You wont be the first to have a DOA battery unfortunately.

Do any lights come on at all without charger,,,,if batt nearly fully charged from box lights on charger might not come on,,I think batt can come down to 90 to 95% before charger do its thing (light up).....any lights come on when pressed and held for 5 sec,,,if no lights I think return is needed,,I don't think it hybination mode,,should come on out of the box
No lights turn on when pressing or holding for 5 seconds. I have talked to a DJI person and they say perhaps it was the cold weather that made it decharge. I’ll leave it on the charger and see what happens.

Leave the pack on the charger for an hour or so- if charging doesn’t commence return for replacement. You wont be the first to have a DOA battery unfortunately.
Ok. The charger charges the RC just fine as well so I know it’s not the charger unless some wireing is messed up

Ok. The charger charges the RC just fine as well so I know it’s not the charger unless some wireing is messed up
I got that- we the charger is probably ok. If the battery is in hibernation however (self discharge in storage) you won’t see any signs of life for an hour or so after sitting in the charger).

I got that- we the charger is probably ok. If the battery is in hibernation however (self discharge in storage) you won’t see any signs of life for an hour or so after sitting in the charger).
Ok sounds good. But the charger after about 45 minutes is not even warm. When I put the remote on the charger the charger heats up to not hot but mildly warm as did my DJI Mavic charger .

Ok sounds good. But the charger after about 45 minutes is not even warm. When I put the remote on the charger the charger heats up to not hot but mildly warm as did my DJI Mavic charger .
If the battery management board is trying to bring the cells up to minimum voltage for the standard charge sequence to initiate it will be drawing low current from the supply.

If I was in your situation I would be requesting a replacement battery now. Even if it recovers it won’t perform as well as a fresher pack that hasn’t been allowed to sit a low SOC.

If the battery management board is trying to bring the cells up to minimum voltage for the standard charge sequence to initiate it will be drawing low current from the supply.

If I was in your situation I would be requesting a replacement battery now. Even if it recovers it won’t perform as well as a fresher pack that hasn’t been allowed to sit a low SOC.
Yah, I'm likely going to send it in for a replacement and just buy another one from Best buy just because I need more batteries anyway. At least I won't have a $1,500 drone sitting here for nothing then.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT