Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery low voltage alarms

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Uhrlto, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Uhrlto

I would be greatly appreciative of just about anybody who could help me understand the NAZA low-voltage and loaded voltage settings.
    I currently have a new Phantom FC-40, I am running standard props with a Tarot 2D gimbals. All of my batteries, which I have nine of, are mixed Phantom stock and Turnigy, all 20 – 30 C discharge rate all, 2200 mA hours all, within a year old some as new as a month old.

Problem: I was getting the low-voltage alarm at approximately 4.5 minutes into a flight in mild conditions and no heavy climbs or descents. I read several strings on this subject that I could find. My initial voltage settings were as follows: first level 11.4 V second-level 11.1 line loss 0.50 V. I believe, that these are the stock or default settings from the factory. I went ahead, following some directions I found in a thread and reset them to first level 10.6 V line loss 0.0 V, loaded 10.6 V, second-level 10.5 V, line loss 0.0 V, loaded 10.5 V. This radically increased my flight time to nearly 7 minutes almost 8, however as soon as the first flashing level red light started I had literally only seconds to get it on the ground before it went into auto land mode.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if these are good settings for the FC-40. If not could you please tell me what you're using and what kind of successful flight times you're getting with a similar set up like I have. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Tony

2. darwin-t

Mine are set at 11.3 no load and 10.7 under load for 1st alarm and 11.2 no load and 10.6 under load for descent. These were the defaults because I haven't changed them.

Today is the first time it landed on it's own before I thought it needed to. There was little time between the two alarms.

I get 6:00 - 7:00 flight times with a 2200 Mah battery and I got 9:00 with a 2700 Mah battery today.

3. Gizmo3000

it's the Loaded number values that matter, and are used to determine whether to flash the red lights, or auto descent.

I have my loaded 2nd level set to 10.55, but my first level I think is still set to 10.7 (I fly FPV and with a timer tho).

If you want to get more airtime, I suggest getting into Phantom Vision props, or APC 9x4.5MR props, which will give you a bit more flight time.

4. Uhrlto

Thank you both for the info. I actually have some PV props on the way