Battery low voltage alarms

Reaction score
I would be greatly appreciative of just about anybody who could help me understand the NAZA low-voltage and loaded voltage settings.
I currently have a new Phantom FC-40, I am running standard props with a Tarot 2D gimbals. All of my batteries, which I have nine of, are mixed Phantom stock and Turnigy, all 20 – 30 C discharge rate all, 2200 mA hours all, within a year old some as new as a month old.

Problem: I was getting the low-voltage alarm at approximately 4.5 minutes into a flight in mild conditions and no heavy climbs or descents. I read several strings on this subject that I could find. My initial voltage settings were as follows: first level 11.4 V second-level 11.1 line loss 0.50 V. I believe, that these are the stock or default settings from the factory. I went ahead, following some directions I found in a thread and reset them to first level 10.6 V line loss 0.0 V, loaded 10.6 V, second-level 10.5 V, line loss 0.0 V, loaded 10.5 V. This radically increased my flight time to nearly 7 minutes almost 8, however as soon as the first flashing level red light started I had literally only seconds to get it on the ground before it went into auto land mode.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if these are good settings for the FC-40. If not could you please tell me what you're using and what kind of successful flight times you're getting with a similar set up like I have. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Tony

Mine are set at 11.3 no load and 10.7 under load for 1st alarm and 11.2 no load and 10.6 under load for descent. These were the defaults because I haven't changed them.

Today is the first time it landed on it's own before I thought it needed to. There was little time between the two alarms.

I get 6:00 - 7:00 flight times with a 2200 Mah battery and I got 9:00 with a 2700 Mah battery today.

it's the Loaded number values that matter, and are used to determine whether to flash the red lights, or auto descent.

I have my loaded 2nd level set to 10.55, but my first level I think is still set to 10.7 (I fly FPV and with a timer tho).

If you want to get more airtime, I suggest getting into Phantom Vision props, or APC 9x4.5MR props, which will give you a bit more flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl