Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery life with Zenmuse H3

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-2D GoPro Gimbal' started by adamski..., Sep 12, 2013.

1. adamski...

Just installed my H3 gimbal onto my Phantom and it works great, only problem is i'm only getting about 2 minutes of flying time before the batteries die. Kind of a buzz kill after spending all that $$ on the gimbal. Any tips on extending battery life? I also have a naza gps installed which obviously isn't helping.

2. malachor

Wow, im guessing you haven't upgraded anything else?

The very first flight I ran with the gimbal was really short so I assumed it was a slightly diminished battery pack, a fresh battery fixed it. With upgraded motors, it lasted about 5-10 minutes. I haven't really kept track of the time though.

Are you using the upgrade kit? That could conserve power.

Also, Using a fully charged GoPro could help extend the life as well.

Worse case, you could always upgrade to a dual battery pack rig but the added weight will make it slower and less maneuverable.

3. MrMediaGuy

Make sure the GoPro is fully charged before flight or else it will suck battery, and make sure you have a fresh pack that's been properly stored and charged. If you store your packs fully charged for more than a few days, or discharge them too much, or charge them too fast (or lots of other things) they will lose capacity pretty rapidly.

You should get about 7-8 minutes with that setup if you are not also running a video transmitter. That will take away another minute or two.