Battery life ends when?

You should never only go by lights or even percentages. I _highly_ recommend displaying the voltage on the Go app and watching that. It's the lowest reading in each cell.
I agree about going by voltages in the DJI app. The battery I referred to was two years old and had had many flights. I discarded it primarily because of the flight behavior I described, and secondarily because of the abrupt loss of charge as indicated by the lights going from four to two and by the percentage dropping from 100 to 15 all in the space of one minute. I figured the battery was kaput and I wasn't going to risk having it go completely on the fritz when my Phantom was out over the Pacific Ocean.

Reactions: KCadby
Sorry, since English is not my mother tongue, sometimes i have hard time understanding myself :)

I just still didn't understand when the battery life is over, meaning when should a person stop using it?
If the difference between the cells is more than 0.15v on a usuall basis? or during flight? or when. I am just confused, but all the mAh-s discussed here.

I'll need a simple asnwer please :D

If you have a battery storage system installed on your home, its lifespan can be explained in three different ways. It’s very important for you as a consumer to understand these terms in order to meaningfully compare products – preferably across all three metrics.

Cycle life – The number of times the battery can be fully charged and discharged (one cycle).

Warrantied life – Usually described in years (e.g. 10 year life under warranty). You may also see ‘expected operational life’ pop up from time to time – this will usually be a few years longer than the warrantied lifespan, but it’s best to think of this as a bonus, as this extra term of operation is not covered under warranty.

Total energy throughput – The total amount of energy you can expect to ‘pass through’ the battery during its life (e.g. 30 megawatt-hours).

Sorry, since English is not my mother tongue, sometimes i have hard time understanding myself :)

I just still didn't understand when the battery life is over, meaning when should a person stop using it?
If the difference between the cells is more than 0.15v on a usuall basis? or during flight? or when. I am just confused, but all the mAh-s discussed here.

I'll need a simple asnwer please :D
Generally speaking .15V deviation between the cells at full charge or when discharged (20% level) is considered too risky to fly. Time to retire that battery. It's an indication that cell is dying, and the rate of death differs between batteries, depending on the cause. You don't want to be flying if that cell takes a turn for the worse, and suddenly dips to 3.0V on a hard acceleration, when the other cells are all at 3.7V. This scenario can shut down your motor mid-air! Although this is a very very rare occurrence, batteries can fail out of the blue oddly enough. Keeping an eye on the differential voltage levels between cells is really important. Makes to enable the VOLTAGE DISPLAY on your screen (an option in Go/Go4) so you can always monitor the voltage level. That voltage reading is the LOWEST cell voltage in your battery pack, not the total pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18