Battery issue, need advice

Reaction score
My DJI Phantom 3 standard battery wont power on or charge after just 25 flights. If I press and hold the power button for two seconds, all four green LED's light up and stay solid for about 4 seconds and then turn off. It does the same thing whether or not its plugged into the charger. Does this battery need to be replaced?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 305
If I press and hold the power button for two seconds, all four green LED's light up and stay solid for about 4 seconds and then turn off.
Your description of turning the battery on is not how it gets turned on.
To turn the battery on you must press and release the power button one time quickly, then press and hold the power button.

Reactions: Oso
My DJI Phantom 3 standard battery wont power on or charge after just 25 flights. If I press and hold the power button for two seconds, all four green LED's light up and stay solid for about 4 seconds and then turn off. It does the same thing whether or not its plugged into the charger. Does this battery need to be replaced?
What you are seeing when you press the button that way is the current battery level. As noted by @mdowney58, that is not the correct way to power on the battery.

This is a chart to help read the LEDs if you press and release the power button. Sounds like your battery is charged.

BatteryLevel.png

Y
Your description of turning the battery on is not how it gets turned on.
To turn the battery on you must press and release the power button one time quickly, then press and hold the power button.

You are absolutely correct! I'm ashamed to admit that I had a moron moment and wasn't following the correct procedure to turn on the battery. It's working great now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West