Battery firmware P4 and P4P Why different ones??

Reaction score
Exactly what are the differences, and why do they have to have different firmware? I would love to be able to exchange the batteries between my P4 and my P4P without having to update the firmware every time I fly. Does anyone else have this issue, and have you ever flown without updating the firmware? Am I risking my Phantoms by doing this? DJI - do you have any plans on bringing the two platforms to a common battery firmware? They are batteries - why the need for two different firmwares??

Thank you!!

I don't think they would be different battery FWs.

Well, I have both up to date with the aircraft firmware. When I go to move a battery last used in one or the other and stay on the home screen (the one with the fly button in GO), after you power on the AC and let it initialize it will scan your hardware and notify you on that screen there is a firmware update. You can hit fly or even stay in the AC view and never see these updates, but if you are on the homescreen it will notify you need the update (oversight from DJI?).. Hopefully it isn't critical..

You are right this appears to be an oversight from dji. Thx for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen