Battery Dumping Charge?

Reaction score
Well It just started today. I'll fly around till I hit about 70% when the battery will all of a sudden dump it's charge all the way down to 40-36%. to the point where I need to fly it back and land so it doesn't go down. I probably get about 5-7 minutes of flight time before I start hearing the warning. Not sure if the battery lost it's charge/cells but I've had no issues with the thing until now. The lights correspond with the percentage reading on the phone app, and the battery is legitimately dead.

Hi Julio, today I had the same problem 5-7 minutes 60% and drop to 30% and star Claxon Warning, Last firmware Phantom and TX
any help ?

julio8442 said:
Well It just started today. I'll fly around till I hit about 70% when the battery will all of a sudden dump it's charge all the way down to 40-36%. to the point where I need to fly it back and land so it doesn't go down. I probably get about 5-7 minutes of flight time before I start hearing the warning. Not sure if the battery lost it's charge/cells but I've had no issues with the thing until now. The lights correspond with the percentage reading on the phone app, and the battery is legitimately dead.

Not sure, I have all the updates and I depleted the battery charge all the way down to recharge again. Still nothing. It will do fine till around 70% and then I get red lights and low battery warning. it seems to dump the charge all the way down. Another interesting fact is, is that I don't believe it's charging all the way either. I think the battery is cutting off the recharge early. I'm new to the RC thing so I don't know if this is a sign that I need a new battery or what. But when you spend that much money, I'd like to believe that a rechargeable battery will last longer than a month.

If you connect your Vision to the Vision Assistant by USB cable you can read all the battery data under the Advanced tab. It'll tell you how many discharge cycles, current state of charge, remaining life, and the voltage of each cell in LiPo pack.

iDrone

iDrone said:
If you connect your Vision to the Vision Assistant by USB cable you can read all the battery data under the Advanced tab. It'll tell you how many discharge cycles, current state of charge, remaining life, and the voltage of each cell in LiPo pack.

iDrone
Fully Charged and this is what I have reading:

Desigh Capacity 5200mAh
Full Capacity 4553mAh
Current Capacity 4502mAh
% of Charge 98%
% of Life 84%
Discharge 48 times
Temp 18.50
Cell1 Voltage 4179mV
Cell2 Voltage 4177mV
Cell3 Voltage 4178mV

Looks perfectly normal, was this taken right after the incident or after you recharged it? Looks like its recharged. Assistant might reveal more interesting data after flying it for awhile or immediately after it alarms during flight.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Looks perfectly normal, was this taken right after the incident or after you recharged it? Looks like its recharged. Assistant might reveal more interesting data after flying it for awhile or immediately after it alarms during flight.

iDrone
Right after charged; I've hooked it up after the incidents but the program just tells you that the battery is low as prescribed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94