Battery Discharge Method

Reaction score
How often should i completely discharge the batteries? What's the best method to discharge them?

I have two batteries and will usually swap batteries as soon as i get the low battery alarm. I believe threshold is set around 35%.

It is my understanding that you should run your batteries down to 8% every 20 charges. I've not reached 20 yet,
but I have discharged my batteries for "shelf time" . Down to 65%... I simply did this by flying. If weather didn't
allow, I would just run the motors at idle till the level drops to 65%. This can also discharge the controller, which
seems to drain a bit slower.

I've been flying my batteries down to 50% for the 1st several flights, as recommended on this forum. Letting the
batteries rest before plugging them in to charge again.... but this is how I do it.... I'm sure there's others that will chime in.
The batteries are set to start 'auto' discharging after 3 days.

If you are using an iOS device, well any device actually now, don't forget to utilize your flight SIM, to drain down drone and radio battery voltage. I wish we could plug the radio into a large monitor for the SIM. ;-) like www.realflight.com uses.

RedHotPoker

That's an awesome idea. Let us know how it works. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

I just tried it out and it works great!
It does feel like there's an added bit of latency but it's definitely tolerable for SIM use. If I end up having to work with the SIM for the lions share of the winter, it's nice to know that I'm not stuck staring at a tablet.
*Added bonus: by the time spring weather rolls around it'll be a pleasure to once again feel how responsive the actual P3 is!

Thanks for the info. Happy that I mentioned this.
Something else to invest in. Awesome. ;-)

RedHotPoker

And you should be able to cast an Android to a Chromecast or Roku stick while flying the sim.

I just tried it out and it works great!
It does feel like there's an added bit of latency but it's definitely tolerable for SIM use. If I end up having to work with the SIM for the lions share of the winter, it's nice to know that I'm not stuck staring at a tablet.
*Added bonus: by the time spring weather rolls around it'll be a pleasure to once again feel how responsive the actual P3 is!
You should possibly look into purchasing www.realflight.com. ;-)
They have an all drone version now.

And you should be able to cast an Android to a Chromecast or Roku stick while flying the sim.
The technology available today, pretty astounding eh? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel