Battery Charger

I use exactly that combo ...

Only difference is that you switch on battery to charge.

Set the B6 mini to LiHV and 4S Charge mode .... do not use balance mode as it will not work obviously as there is no balance lead to connect.

Its the Accucel charger but I also have the B6 mini and is exact same display / set-up.

Max amps you should use is 5A ..... to stay within the specs of the battery.

Contrary to some peoples belief's .... use of a charger like this is good - you see the amount going in ... you see how much went in .... you see the amp rate and voltage ..... it also provides a second safety stop in case of faults ...

I prefer using my chargers to the brick that DJI supply.

Nigel

I use exactly that combo ...

Only difference is that you switch on battery to charge.

Set the B6 mini to LiHV and 4S Charge mode .... do not use balance mode as it will not work obviously as there is no balance lead to connect.

Its the Accucel charger but I also have the B6 mini and is exact same display / set-up.

Max amps you should use is 5A ..... to stay within the specs of the battery.

Contrary to some peoples belief's .... use of a charger like this is good - you see the amount going in ... you see how much went in .... you see the amp rate and voltage ..... it also provides a second safety stop in case of faults ...

I prefer using my chargers to the brick that DJI supply.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel,

Appreciate the info.

I have ordered the charge cable.

Yes, I thought it would be a much better way to charge and monitor what goes in etc.

I am sure you will find it works very well.

The actual max amps rating is just over 5A ... actually 100W / 17.4V = 5.7A based on DJI online Spec sheet ...

"
INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY
Capacity 4480 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 68 Wh
Net Weight 365 g
Charging Temperature Range 41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
Max Charging Power 100 W"

Please note that the 15.2V quoted is 'nominal storage voltage' ..... not full charged.

Nigel

I am sure you will find it works very well.

The actual max amps rating is just over 5A ... actually 100W / 17.4V = 5.7A based on DJI online Spec sheet ...

"
INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY
Capacity 4480 mAh
Voltage 15.2 V
Battery Type LiPo 4S
Energy 68 Wh
Net Weight 365 g
Charging Temperature Range 41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
Max Charging Power 100 W"

Please note that the 15.2V quoted is 'nominal storage voltage' ..... not full charged.

Nigel

Thanks !

The B6 mini will not get to that ampage anyway ... as its a 60W charger ... so you will average quite a bit less ... probably around the 3.4 ... 4A mark depending on charge state of the pack.

Nigel

I just spotted the Turnigy is 80W - 10AMP

Might have to pick one of those up.

Does it come with rated power supply ?

No ... it is stand alone ...

You need a good 12v 10A supply .... you will also need to fit an XT60 plug to the power lead to connect to the charger ...

Nigel

Reactions: Paul60
If you looking to get into more general type flying with usual LiPo's - its a good budget charger.

Go to Hobby King website to buy .... in fact have a look through as there are others with higher watts capability .... multiple packs simultaneously etc.

Nigel

Reactions: Paul60
If you looking to get into more general type flying with usual LiPo's - its a good budget charger.

Go to Hobby King website to buy .... in fact have a look through as there are others with higher watts capability .... multiple packs simultaneously etc.

Nigel
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Is the Accucell basically a re-worked clone of the Imax mini ?

I see now the XT60 connector on the left side.

They all go back to the original BANTAM charger ............... so all SkyRC / Imax / Accucel / Reaktor / Procell etc. owe their existence to one little charger of years ago.

Its actually a joke when people talk of clones of the B6 etc. - the B6 itself is a clone ....

The Accucel is a good it of kit for a budget charger and will hit max amps for the DJI battery in use as I show above. I set at 5A to be sure I don't push the limit.

I just charged a DJI on my B6 mini and it hit 3A max but was already at a 60% charge state before I started.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl