Bad video quality

Reaction score
So a month or so I realized that my video is fuzzy, even stills aren't good. When I zoom in on the images on my computer, I can usually see lots of detail, now it's just blurry. The footage is straight off the 64GB Micro SD card.

Here is the video. The last clip I just took a few days ago. The first two with fall leaves are the ones from a month or so ago. (Yes, I was going fast.)

4K 24FPS
White Balance: Auto
D-Log
ISO 200
Shutter 1/100
Sharpness -1
Contrast +0
Saturation +0

Three things I thought of...
1) The 64GB Micro SD card has lots of footage on it so it may not take the full 4K and doesn't process properly. (I know, I will empty it.)
2) The Ribbon flex cable could need replaced.
3) The cable going from the gimbal too the main board has a bare spot.

What do you think?

Also, don't forget to Subscribe!

So you post a video asking for advice, then the video says you will not let us view it and asks us to go to YouTube. Huh. ?

"Playback on other websites has been disabled by the owner"
I presume you own your video.

What's up with that? Have anything to do with youtube hit counter or something?

I have never set mine like yours, but I see your sharpness is set to -1, that is going to fuzzy you up a little.

I'm not sure how to compare what I see at home from mine compared to watching a video on here, but I have the P3A and there is night and day between one from my drone and what I just watched of yours. Does uploading a video up here compress it or something?

I have never set mine like yours, but I see your sharpness is set to -1, that is going to fuzzy you up a little.

I'm not sure how to compare what I see at home from mine compared to watching a video on here, but I have the P3A and there is night and day between one from my drone and what I just watched of yours. Does uploading a video up here compress it or something?
Yea, I played with the settings and nothing changed (ecept what the settings change). I don't know what you mean by compress it but uploading it here but it was the way it IS from the SD card. If you do to the video quality in the video settings you'll see you can play it in 4K (supposedly).

OK. I don't post videos up here, so I didn't know if there was some degradation when it is uploaded to save bandwidth or something.

I just went and looked at a video I took a few months ago and it "looks" like my camera is focused better than the video you have.
Are your still shots the same or are they sharp and clear?

OK I played a video from mine and did a screenshot so maybe we have something to compare

Attachments

• Screenshot_Test.jpg
    Screenshot_Test.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 479
Yeah, I know it will be much worse than the original, but it is a starting point. But it appears that my low resolution screen shot is clearer than your video. I was trying to figure out if your video was actually not as sharp as it should be, or if you were maybe expecting too much. But it appears you are correct that your video is blurry or out of focus. I wonder if it is a video only issue or if the still shots are not crisp too, as that might point to the actual physical camera rather than a software issue.

I wish one of these regulars on here who really knows his stuff would chime in, as I'm no expert on these things. I do a lot of DSLR stuff, but these little drone cameras are a different world.

I have some good footage I'll post tomorrow.

I have a few ideas that is in my original post (post #1).

I wish one of these regulars on here who really knows his stuff would chime in
I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if it is a video only issue or if the still shots are not crisp too
Yes, its the stills too.

I have not go it fixed yet, been flying it anyway. I think sometime I will replace the ribbon cable and see how it works.
That will be a nice cheap fix if it works. I was thinking that my camera is out of focus but don't dare to mess with it. I have also been flying but I did want it for the 4k video so am quite disappointed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl