Bad shaking or Turbulence but no wind? Fault?

Reaction score
Hi all,

After watching footage from my second flight ( no crashes or damage ) I see alot of shaking nothing like jello from other videos. Looks like turbulence but no wind I could feel today.
See the video below, at 42 secs as I descend you will see very bad shaking followed by the camera going stable like it should be.

Please see all video as it happens more but not all the way through . . .
Any idea's ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi all,

After watching footage from my second flight ( no crashes or damage ) I see alot of shaking nothing like jello from other videos. Looks like turbulence but no wind I could feel today.
See the video below, at 42 secs as I descend you will see very bad shaking followed by the camera going stable like it should be.

Please see all video as it happens more but not all the way through . . .
Any idea's ?

1. Adjust your camera roll. You need to fix that.

2. Set you camera settings to auto.

Have you installed the extra 2 lock pins in the gimble?

Oh great :( sounds like another fault and wait for the retailer to inspect it and tell me its broke . Definitely getting a refund this time instead of a exchange cos its a joke, not after 2 drones!

Also there are only two pins in the gimble

I 'm sorry man. The tilt is one thing, but to have out of the box gimbal spasms is no good. Some will say check your firmware or do calibrations. Dont give up, get a replacement.

Definitely not right. Some of it looks like gimbal issues, but in other places, it looks like the camera is dropping frames or something. If resetting everything to default and recalibrating doesn't fix it, then it definitely looks like you have a defect. Does the gimbal calibration execute properly? Did you physically inspect the gimbal, dampers, etc to make sure nothing is loose or out of place?

The gimble to me looks fine, nothing out the ordinary to report, I did a gimble calibration at home and it did that fine, must point out this is brand new replacement only flown twice but I don't know if this was happening on the first flight as I didn't record it. Obviously Im best taking it out again before sending it back.

Out of curiosity what should the gimble and camera behave like if I just power on the drone and turn it in hand?

Obviously Im best taking it out again before sending it back.

Kudos for not giving up. You may find something obvious or something nobody else has yet discovered.

But I still maintain that a DJI product does not behave like yours out of the box new.

For all you know, it was returned to your retailer by a previous owner. The retailer sent it to DJI and they missed the defect.

I really hope that isn't the case, the box was definitely sealed up and all bits wrapped as new out the box including props . .probably doesnt mean anything but fingers crossed it was just a lack of gimble calibration

Today I did a IMU calibration along with a gimbal calibration, took the drone up and recorded my footage here is the link.
I'm happy by the footage as this looks better to me than the last one I got which could have been the wind high up or maybe because the gimbal needed calibrating.
I shall keep an eye on it though in case it happens again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31