Bad live feed, choppy, green screens.

Reaction score
P4P. I'm having some issues on my feed or live feed to my iPad. Not anything to do with recording but my iPad, in fact I even switched between 1080 and 4K. It makes no difference I still get glitchy live feed green screens etc.

It seems to happen primarily in tap fly. If I'm flying by hand I don't have any problems at all.

I did notice that I was getting weak signal alerts but not consistently just one here in there and it was windy today.

The issue with the live feed has been going on for sometime I have a brand new iPad five mini.

I'm also running 5.8 gig in the HD menu AND on auto.

I had even gone as far as re-flashing all my batteries and I have the latest and greatest firmware on both my controller and a board the aircraft. So I'm kind of at a loss here.

I'm wondering if these devices would help or will there be setting someplace else?

Been through that. Do you fly with your mobile phone near you? I find it if i keep my phone in my bad, the transmission signal consistent.

I've spent 4-5 weeks refreshing the firmware and test fly until it solved my problem.

Now i'm happy to fly with no glitch and green screen on my ipad mini 2

In other words keep your cell phone away from your controller? That would make sense I never thought of that

In other words keep your cell phone away from your controller?
Yes -- or temporarily enable airplane mode on your phone to rule that out as the cause.

Reactions: Chopperimage
other thinkg you could try is to disable video caching on the mini and just have the sd card in the AC do all the video recording

I'd try another device (iPad or Android). Sounds to me like the processor is overloaded (That might explain why it happens in Tap fly, IF that increases the load on the CPU).
Anyway you look at it, I'd eliminate the screen device first. Then try another cable.

I'd try another device (iPad or Android). Sounds to me like the processor is overloaded (That might explain why it happens in Tap fly, IF that increases the load on the CPU).
Anyway you look at it, I'd eliminate the screen device first. Then try another cable.

Yeah I tried to other devices and I think it could be my cell phone quite possibly or the video cashing I have to check and see if thats on. I'm not sure that the processor would be a problem it's a brand new iPad five mini

I have no issues with my ipad mini 2 with my P4P. Don't think is the processor in the ipad mini as yet.

Future updates might be a problem though. too much data cramping in to an old device. =(

Yeah I tried to other devices and I think it could be my cell phone quite possibly or the video cashing I have to check and see if thats on. I'm not sure that the processor would be a problem it's a brand new iPad five mini

Is there such a thing as Ipad mini 5, might it be a 2 or 1, then it would definitely have a cpu issue.

What model no. is it, this is usually etched on the back cover, it should begin with a "AXXX" ?

Last edited:
Either way like I had said I ran it with my iPhone 7 and my iPad air to same issues with both devices and we're seeing that another guy has the issues with an android device the same exact issue. My iPad is brand new so I really doubt it is the iPad.

You could also try a) reformatting your SD card (in the aircraft), b) putting the iPad in flight mode, c) reducing your Transmission Quality to 4Mbps -

Last edited:
You could also try a) reformatting your SD card (in the aircraft), b) putting the iPad in flight mode, c) reducing your Transmission Quality to 4Mbps -

Thank you solyxius!!

So I had actually seen this video trying to get some idea what to do. Everyone seems to be advising to run in Automatic. When you do that you have no control over the quality setting whether 10G or 2.4.

So I thought hmm Why not just try a one channel 5.8 setting with a a 4g image transmission setting?

AND???

BINGO!!!!

That so far has been the answer.

If you notice on Auto, the frequencies are all over the map on reliability in 2.4G

However at 5.8 all the channels settle way down. I decided to fly then with only channel 16, CUSTOM, and 5.8!

And it works. I never get any weak signal messages mostly because I am in VLOS anywhow and with 5.8.

That doesn't say I WONT get a weak signal, but so far all has been great! Hopefully they will get a fix for this on the next FW update. All I have so far IMHO, is simply a work around.

Great news, glad you got it sorted out.

THANKS MAN!

So it is like this for whoever.

Image Transmission Settings

Channel Mode: Custom
Freq: 5.8G
Channel: 16
Transmission Quality 6Mbps

16 is just one I picked. I noticed that the channels are RARELY unstable in 5.8! So I thought well why not try just one, and to do that an maintain it I found I needed to be in Custom. Ha, it works.

Reactions: Hshen
THANKS MAN!

So it is like this for whoever.

Image Transmission Settings

Channel Mode: Custom
Freq: 5.8G
Channel: 16
Transmission Quality 6Mbps

16 is just one I picked. I noticed that the channels are RARELY unstable in 5.8! So I thought well why not try just one, and to do that an maintain it I found I needed to be in Custom. Ha, it works.

And do you have Weak Image Transmission warning in urban areas, like flying in the middle of the city with custom 5.8 or 2.4?

And do you have Weak Image Transmission warning in urban areas, like flying in the middle of the city with custom 5.8 or 2.4?

The place where i fly in Melbourne here for Dragon Boat training, behind me there are 3 big cranes and heaps of metal and steel beams around. The method from Chopperimage worked for me in that area. Worth a try. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez