Bad cell?

Reaction score
I have a fairly new battery with my P3S and I'm getting a bad cell message already. I'm trying to drain it completely maybe and recharging it?

Anything else I can do?
4c309709085a5bf6567b3da706b21899.jpg

d861de861a432cf7a84aaec155b8a7ab.jpg

b6d8a081dd53854a12a4a2ea76d1e68d.jpg

8eb6406656d6b91d7cf3a03f35bc699f.jpg

e304e038308c9cdcf7841bceb24f1178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Drain it (not completely obviously)..
Re-charge it..

Still the same, then I would send it back with those screenshots if required as proof.

P.s. genuine battery or flea-bay?

H
He said he tried, but hasn't.. at least I hope he didn't :p
Have a look at the last screen shot in the original post, mah remaining = 0. That would seem, particularly when looking at the corresponding cell voltages depicted, to suggest the battery is fully depleted.

I figured if it was already broke what's the worse I could do? Plus, it's what the google said to do. Was this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You shouldn't drain them completely flat (below 3.2v some will say different) it can damage the cells and they wont recover..

Send it back pal..

You were almost down to 25% when you got the cell broken message (70mv low on cell 4). It would be helpful if you could upload the flight record to healthydrones and get a clearer picture on what is going on with the battery. With only two charge cycles you shouldn't have this issue. As has been suggested earlier I would be tempted to ask for a replacement if the next flight after a full charge has similar balance issues.

The 4th cell obviously has an issue. Actually the App has given you the diagnosis right on the screen "Cell Broken". Before sending it back for replacement, just for my curiosity please fully recharge the battery from say 60%, but prior to connect it to the charger, power it on, as you would do it normally if the battery would be placed in the AC. It's safe, don't be concerned, check it here.
I wonder if this would improve a bit the way the 4th cell behaves. Then take again a screen shot and upload it here. Thanks in advance Tidus10 :)

You shouldn't drain them completely flat (below 3.2v some will say different) it can damage the cells and they wont recover..

Send it back pal..
Thought I remember reading somewhere that even if the DJI app says 0% the per cell voltage is still 3.4, and if that's the case everyone panicking about draining your battery to 0% is not so dire.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, that was probably me. But that's true when you are right at 0%. I found out that the AC doesn't shut off beyond that and so voltage continues to drop but % still shows 0 rather than a negative number. I may have shortened my battery life/capacity a bit in having found that out. At least my P3A didn't shut off, maybe a P4 or higher does.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka