Bad Amazon Spotlight

Reaction score
Just a Heads up To All P/3 Advanced pilots I purchased a Spotlight from Amazon This one had a slide that went on battery posts then had a wire runnin out to the light that had a two way sticky tape that attached spotlight to front. Well I hooked it up put a fully charged battery in it and went outside to test it. Light worked fine took it up as usual got about a quarter mile out when all of a sudden after four minutes it says critical battery error and flew away. I have never had a issue as such so I have to attribute it to battery so just be careful gents and ladies.

Better off with these. They are awesome! Ive used Lume cubes, but a bit heavy. If you fly at night these are perfect! I know for a fact visual over 3/4 mile plus and light as a feather!
STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help
Thanks a lot will defenitly look into them as I'm not getting any younger so eyes seem to be giving me a harder time at night these days.

Reactions: randyvanscoy
Better off with these. They are awesome! Ive used Lume cubes, but a bit heavy. If you fly at night these are perfect! I know for a fact visual over 3/4 mile plus and light as a feather!
STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help

I have used these and swear by them. Because of this strobe I was able to recover my crashed drone and save the memory card with some of the best photos I had taken so far. Having tried the white strobe on my Phantom 3 Pro I was impressed with over 2500 feet visibility in daytime, and over 3000 feet at night. When my drone fell out of the sky on mission no. 246 a week after installing the red strobe for no apparent reason I thought it was gone for good. The DJI Go app GPS screen showed it had fallen into a dense mangrove swamp. Once there I realized I was not likely to ever find it. After a lot of searching in extremely difficult terrain I was ready to give up. All of a sudden I spotted a bright red strobe flash, not 50 feet away. The drone was inverted in about 6 inches of murky, salty water. The white strobe was under water and dead. But that little red strobe was blinking away like a champ! I would never have spotted the drone in a million years without that strobe. I can't believe my luck, in a very unlucky experience. I am sold on these tiny little strobes.

Hi,
Yep, I bought two red STROBON strobes for my P3P. I put one on the front and one in back. Improves the line of sight visibility quite a bit. I do not usually fly too far, but at a half mile from home they are still visible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor