Autopilot bombing out on iPad2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on why Autopilot [3.7] might be bombing out halfway through the mission - leaving my Phantom 4 stranded in mid-air ? - very frustrating as the mission apparently has to be restarted from scratch...

I would check with Auto Flight Logic who makes the software

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bruce Talbot
How does it fly in the test mission with Path Inspector and the Mission Preview drone?

Is it stalling in the real recording mission and out of radio range (Running on LCMC or whatever they call it?) and maybe shifting to its internal flight controller?

It's a complex program and I've run into a wall (literally) with a canyon where I have to ascend 550' from a start of 2000' to continue flying. Requires a Hover and a Vertical climb rate of 12 feet/second (46 seconds in Hover & Vertical), and then a reverse off the cliff of descend 9 f/s which requires the time of 62 seconds to be manually entered into the Hover and Vertical/Descent rates else you might run into the wall and destroy the drone in a normal waypoint-to-waypoint run. In the Path Inspector it looks fine and flies fine, but it might - if the app is smart enough - stall and not proceed if the rate of ascent and descent are not within the bounds of the two waypoints.

Someone with Litchi hit the wall. This stuff ain't easy and why there should be an app forum for all these autopiloting apps coming out!

Last edited:
Someone with Litchi hit the wall. This stuff ain't easy and why there should be an app forum for all these autopiloting apps coming out!

You just hit the point. I'm in the middle of preparing a forum just for automation apps. I will inform you as soon as I'm finished which might be in the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)

I had the same issue with an Ipad Air. I contacted support and they told me that it was likely due to the older processor on the Air. They suggested i upgrade to an Ipad Pro.

Reactions: Bruce Talbot
Thanks everybody for your prompt responses. This is the response I got from Steve at Autoflight logic - just thought I would share it in case anyone else is having the same issue:

In some cases, there does appear to be a very infrequent issue of such "app crashing." We have inquired of DJI and are awaiting a response. In the mean time, have you tried deleting and reinstalling Autopilot? Do you have the GO app terminated and not running in the background? For restarting a mission from where you left off previously, you can move the mission start marker to any point on the flight path.

I have had GO running in the background - will also try the reinstall and let you know if it makes a difference...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl