Australian pilots- insurance

Reaction score
To all the Ozzie pilots out there, have you insured your UAV and if so who did you use?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I enquired about a week ago... At the moment nobody insures them. However you can get it put under home and contents insurance if your with GIO or CGU. New laws regarding uavs in Australia come in at the end of September so there could be new companies that will cover your bird by end of year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the info... Yep I'm also having trouble getting someone to insure them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Odd why Australia is not covered by the DJI refresh on the phantom series as of December 2016.
Anyone know how to insure a recently purchased drone in Australia?

Reactions: Neckcrank
They do offer DJI Refresh in Australia now - just go to the DJI site for info.

I am needing to get insurance in Australia - I am RePL licensed with ReOC. What are other members in Australia paying and who are you with?

Getting quotes around $1300-$1500 per annum, which provides drone cost replacement if damaged / lost / stolen and $10M third party personal & property which i think is waaaay too much. Especially when seeing what the members on here in the US pay!!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to pop it back up the top...

Who nowadays has their drone insured? Only for theft under H&C insurance or active insurance; where you're covered for physical damage/destruction of the drone.

I hear QBE are quite flexible...?

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl