Australian Phantom Flyers!

ah ok, Kingscliff would have been nice.
I've just started to venture out.
Flew around the Powerhouse last weekend
And today went to the Mt Coot-tha gardens and flew around the Planetarium.

Anyone have a 2nd hand pro camera i can buy off them?not wanting to pay full blown retail for a $10repair

Melbourne here. Got a pro recently. Love it!! Flying in parks and bush lands in outer suburbs. Heading down great ocean road next fine day on a weekend. Any more pilots in eastern Melbourne. Cheers

Melbourne as well.

I've just recently got a P3A. Love flying it. I was out for about my 4th or 5th day flying yesterday and had a...different experience.

I was down at Brighton beach, next to the Yacht club and had a woman come up and advise I couldn't fly there, and Bayside council had outlawed it from parks. She also handed me a copy of the CASA flyer. There wasn't a beach there, and only a car park which I had only flown over to get to the ocean.

I've been doing a bit of research this morning and found that the Bayside council prohibited the use of Remote Aircraft over Municipal reserves, but looking up a list of municipal reserves, this area does not appear to be covered, and given I wasn't over a "populous" area, I'm wondering if this woman was correct. I've gotten some amazing footage over the water down in Black Rock, so I'm hoping i'm in the right here.

For all you others in Melbourne - Where do you prefer to fly?

Must be a popular spot for UAV flying if this woman just happened to have a CASA leafletin her back pocket lol
I'd be calling local council and asking for clarification on the area.

80902d12503edea5c22ca5d88b3d494e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Autonomous flight is prohibited under the amendments. CASA is still developing suitable regulations for autonomous flight. However, there is scope for CASA to approve autonomous flight on a case-by-case basis. Does this mean legally i cant use waypoints?

Autonomous flight is prohibited under the amendments. CASA is still developing suitable regulations for autonomous flight. However, there is scope for CASA to approve autonomous flight on a case-by-case basis. Does this mean legally i cant use waypoints?

As it was discussed in a Facebook group, it not autonomous flight if you can override the flight between waypoints. Autonomous flights would be if pilot had not control over the drone.

I'm in the Coffs Harbour area,any pilots near by
I have a P3A and a lot to learn,
My son has a P2+ And just has the knack...
Would be nice to meet up and fly the headlands,up into dorrigo Ebor around the waterfalls there's some nice places here on the east coast..
Thanks Peter

Reactions: peterepeat69
Hey guys, just got my Phantom 3 pro last week, it'd be nice to meet some drone enthusiasts around melbourne and any nice and safe places to fly around?

I was watching your video Peter very nice....

Thanks very muchly! actually I'm uploading a better version with more megabytes, the first was grainy, still learning what is acceptable on YouTube you need at least 160 mb for a video from the phantom, with a short video, still early days for me, again thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart