At 40-45 meters warning in any direction,lost signal and turn home.

Reaction score
I read all those post here.most people fly 800-2500 meters with stock.how???????
No i dont have the beginner option.i fly in a soccer field.
I have last firmware to the drone and to the mobile phone(huawei p8 3gb ram the mobile).
The p3s fly nice until the 40-45-50 meters.lost signal ant turn back.
Its freak me out.i live in europe(greece).
The video signal is always good.no problem.
The midle antenna is for video or control of phantom?
What can i look?those "china mainland" what is??????
Can i do any reset?????
Any help please??????
(760 dollars+1battery) for 40 meters drone control?????

the middle antenna is for controll. make sure it points straight up to the sky,not at the phantom. leave china mainland unchecked.
if youve good video signal then your 2.4ghz antenna are good. you have a problem with the 5.8ghz,and/or the middle antenna.

have a look at the antennas that are in the legs,look good?
you can check the 5.4 connection in the controller by opening it up and making sure its connected right.
after that theres the connections INSIDE the phantom but im not sure if you want to be opening it up.

you could also try a firmware downgrade and if that fails i think returning it would be your best option

Thanks for the response..
I open the remote control.anything looks fine.
No problem to open the phantom.before i use phantom 1 and later fc40 and opened many times to instal gimbals and transmitters......
First i have 1.6.8. firmware. I downgrade to 1.5.7.same things....
Now i am on last one......nothing go better.

Im thinking of warrenty when i say dont open, but if its out then sure why not.
If all looks good with connections inside im afraid i have no more DIY suggestions. Unless you swap out the antennas for new ones anyway before going a more exspencive route

I open the p3s,i change antennas.nothing better.after 50 metters usually return to home.
I must be the most unlucky owner of this crap-drone.

you said latest firmware, but you then noted 1.5.7, the latest firmware is 1.09.0200 which limits the drone to 50Meters if you do not sign into the DJI go app first. roll it back to P3C_FW_V01.08.0100 and see if that "corrects" your new issue. also make sure the enable max distance is not slid and the set max flight altitude is 0 and or beginner mode isn't on

@pgt397,
Is this a brand new unit?

Please note what @Macphreak4evr stated.
"limits the drone to 50Meters if you do not sign into the DJI go app first"

Rod

Τhe drone is second hand.
A friend of me 3 days earlier buys the same,p3s,used too.
The friend with extra antenna has 1303 meters &^%$*&#@
My next move is to give p3s away 280 euros(rc,battery,drone)
Second selection to exchange with walkera scout 4x.

Try creating your DJI account. You must be signed in if your using the latest firmware. To go more than 50 m. Hope this works if you haven't done so already

Reactions: mrmom852
Now i am a happy owner of spark full combo.
The p3s givet away for 300 euros.i still have a battery and the backbag.
Thanks all!

Reactions: RodPad
Dude, happy is it!

I still haven't took the time to figure out what a Spark is or does. ;)

Just wanted to say I too have the same problem with my p3s! Does the signal lost and goes to Rth! Was all fine till I done an update !! When I got it I could fly 1800 ft or more before wifi or it would say image transmission signal week now a few hundred feet and it says ! Rc signal lost! I barely even fly mine but have had it over a year so I'm sure the warranty is long gone . But anyway just thought I would see if anyone had any ideas before I totally give up on it ! I've done so much from re linking .. to downgrading software ! I'm just stumped on what to do at this point !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka