Assist doesn't recognize any connection with devices

Reaction score
Having a problem getting the P2 assist to recognize that I have either controller or P2+ connected. I have a PC with Windows 8. When I plug controller or P2+ into computer, the assist app doesn't see anything connected to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, after reading earlier comments, I did download the drivers. I realize that I did not shut down the computer and restart after the download. I will try that. Or is there something else I have to do to install the drivers? I'll let you know Meta4. Thanks for giving me a starting point.

New to the forum, but I wanted to thank y'all for public and private messages. Thanks to your help that problem was solved. (Now onto looking into why my sticks won't calibrate and I get Error #29). :)

As ive seen a couple of other posts regarding W8 and the asst software would you care to post the solution to your issue?

DrJohn40 said:
New to the forum, but I wanted to thank y'all for public and private messages. Thanks to your help that problem was solved. (Now onto looking into why my sticks won't calibrate and I get Error #29). :)

Yes as another poster asked... Care to share the solution? I have seen a lot of folks with windows 8 struggle to get things working.

I finally got it going. I had already downloaded the latest version of Assistant. I did have to then go back and download the drivers. Then turned the computer totally off and restarted it. Then turned the controller on (no phsical connection to the computer. Turned on the range extender. Then connected to V2+V3 to the computer via inculded connector. Suddenly everything was recognized and i was able to go through the whole update process.

So, major problem solved and I hope this is helpful to someone. However, when I went to calibrate the sticks on the controller, one of the sticks would not go back to dead center when I let go of it. While the other three all show a value of zero. the up/down stick (mode 2) shows a +32 value. I wemt through it several times as recommended but I kept getting Error #29. So the next step is going through the full manual and see if I can find other ideas for resolving it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl