Argtek

Reaction score
Hi my first post.Just upgraded my P3 standard with Argtek extender off ebay.It flew 2000ft distance before loosing video signal is this about normal I expected further could kit be a fake

all depends where you are flying at .how much interference in the area

Hi thanks for replying, flying at 200ft across fenland to test range, no power cables, buildings etc just corn fields, still sunny day hardly any breeze

in that case sounds like you should be getting more range . I would check all connections just to make sure everything is correct

Have checked, all 3 connections clicked in place and held with hot glue, what sort of distance would you expect? Worried about whether fake as no mention or Argtek of any of the parts

I getting about 1/3 more range compared to stock setup. I'm in Europe(CE), so tx power is automatically reduced, was getting about 600-800 ft before some break up with stock setup but could push it out sometimes to about 1000 by adjusting antenna position. With the Argtek type setup I can get out to about 1500ft before signal loss rtn home kicks in.

I would put a dbs mod on it would double or triple the range

The best I have seen with my argtek is about 6100 feet and that was with the panel in the middle.

I chose the argtek over the other because I am not as interested in going 700 miles away, but I do need to be sure I maintain good connection as I want to fly over water, launching from a boat. I was worried that the all panel mod would fail me if something happened with the boat and I had to put the remote down. A landing during a tack would be devastating.

The best I have seen with my argtek is about 6100 feet and that was with the panel in the middle.

I chose the argtek over the other because I am not as interested in going 700 miles away, but I do need to be sure I maintain good connection as I want to fly over water, launching from a boat. I was worried that the all panel mod would fail me if something happened with the boat and I had to put the remote down. A landing during a tack would be devastating.
I have both but the dbs mod blows away argtek with range and signal in congested areas

I'm looking at boosting my P3P. I already have the dbs02 and the clean install to the RC. Just trying to find out which sunhans I need.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm looking at boosting my P3P. I already have the dbs02 and the clean install to the RC. Just trying to find out which sunhans I need.

get ahold of maxxuav they will be able to help you out

Reactions: GB71
Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from him. Just curious if you need one 2.4 and one 5.8 amp or both 2.4. Can't find anything on that part.

I am pretty happy with my choice. So far it has suited for everything I want to do...

I have thought about getting the other and giving it a go. How well does it work when the panel isn't pointing in the general direction of the aircraft?

New to the group. Flying a DJI P3 Standard. Installed the Argtek mod & am totally happy with the improved wi-fi.....excellent pics, and clear video at 6100 ft. I opted to execute the RTH Command and my Trinity X 11 returned to within 2' of the home point. The Argtek mod must be done very carefully, as the connectors are delicate and the connections are critical to good performance. Also, make sure the Max Distance option in the DJI GO App is turned off. Be safe, flying a long range distances (over 1 mile) can be very challenging

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just installed mine as well. Only got 1600ft before signal warning. Plus video was very jittery. Im hoping it was because of the dense fog. But could be installation error i suppose.

Before the Argtek mod on my P3S I was getting 3906 feet in town. Now I'm getting all most 6000 feet. And I have did one Range Test outside of town and got 7491 feet and still had great signal and video but turned around because of strong headwinds on my return flight.

ac95e72c226412ea44afff55ac200ae4.jpg

Above is in town before mod.

d4384b08cdd666de07e5ced9e6b7c1c9.jpg

Above is in town after mod and can consistently fly to this point.

d00ed1226027609a8bb6573c3304bfdd.jpg

Above is outside of town 27 miles where less interference. 1.4 miles easy.

Reactions: Phil56
No Lose of Signal. Had full signal and great video. Check out the video on YouTube @ IsraeliDroneFlyer70. Only turned around is on e return flight I was going to have a 25 plus mph headwind.

Man, I am glad to see your post, i have been thinking about getting the ARGteck extender but when i looked at the range it said 1200 meters.I am able to get more than that with out any range extender; my furthest distance was a little over 8000 feet. i thought i was going crazy. I would like to get longer range more consistently, since you tried it, do you think it's worth it??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl