Argtek Extender but not an Argtek

Reaction score
Hi, I have just received my Argtek range exteneder for the P3S. But there is no mention of Argtek on any of the items.
This was a purchase from Ebay from a seller I have used before without any issues. Is this a fake/copy or are they sold under an alternative name in the UK. The seller is based in Portsmouth and delivery was within 48hrs.

Thanks in advance
fake or not.JPG

I too would like the info on this as they are all I can find. Nothing says argtek on em

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Can't answer your question but I can confirm I too got unbranded ones off eBay , they work fine so I didn't worry.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

BigR has it right ....

Argtec is a name but out of GM5 .....

I have the same GM5 markings and all works fine.

The ones that I would question are the different coloured ones - you can find Black versions on various online sites ... those I would expect to be knock-offs.

Nigel

To give you some extra confidence here is a range test vid I did this morning with the cheap ebay Argtek.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was an awesome flight. Do you have a YouTube link to it? I'd like to watch that on a full screen monitor. Nice job!

That's what I thought but it's not showing the YouTube link for me on iPad or iPhone.

Got it, again nice job! What are you using for your screen capture?

Mobizen is a good one but only if you don't need to use the Boost Manager .... I tried it but until I updated my Android to a later 5.1 and up versions - Mobizen would not run without BM .... out in the field it refused to start.

Once I get home ... I'll see what I changed to and post a link.

Nigel

To give you some extra confidence here is a range test vid I did this morning with the cheap ebay Argtek.

That looks like a great place to fly.
Did you fly here before upgrades?
If so, how much did your upgrades improve your range?

Here is my P3S with stock gear ... 700m

Here it is with Argtec .... 2063m

Later I hit 2493m and in winter conditions ..... later once I finish travelling (I'm en-route Los Angeles via Frankfurt to Home in Latvia today) ... I will post up the 2493m video.

The main point of my modification was to improve the Video link which was failing often at about 100m but control link would be fine out to about 700m. With Argtec - I now have both Control (5.8Ghz) and Video (2.4Ghz) stable out to well over 1500m which exceeds my original requirement of reliable 1000m ...

Nigel

That looks like a great place to fly.
Did you fly here before upgrades?
If so, how much did your upgrades improve your range?

Sorry, I haven't flown at that location before so I couldn't say but I am happy with the result anyway. I thought it would be a good location to test range as wanted somewhere with a decent long range line of sight although I think some interference did cut it short in the end, possibly not ideal conditions but a good real world test. That was my first and only attempt there so I didn't try a few times to try and get further.

Here is my P3S with stock gear ... 700m

Here it is with Argtec .... 2063m

Later I hit 2493m and in winter conditions ..... later once I finish travelling (I'm en-route Los Angeles via Frankfurt to Home in Latvia today) ... I will post up the 2493m video.

The main point of my modification was to improve the Video link which was failing often at about 100m but control link would be fine out to about 700m. With Argtec - I now have both Control (5.8Ghz) and Video (2.4Ghz) stable out to well over 1500m which exceeds my original requirement of reliable 1000m ...

Nigel
Thanks Nigel.
Looks like you get 3 times the distance easily.
My stock p3s gets 1500m here in pretty open country but I lose video earlier.
I would be very happy with 3000m and solid video.
Just waffling between this mod and DBS at the moment.

Thanks for all the reply s. I'll keep it and install this weekend. I have not had much luck with distance on my P3S so very impressed with the long range videos posted above. The last flight was really poor for distance. At the 7m mark I tried to go a bit further but was getting warning messages. Although I did t notice the power cables until view on PC [emoji52] So hopefully be able to improve the range with the ARGtek

There is no truth

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan