Are you ok with your drone being controlled by a third party?

Reaction score
A company called CSA claims they are developing Drone Aviation Radar (DAR) technology that “proactively Intercepts, Acquires, Controls and Removes intruding objects from the Aircraft flight path” for manned aircraft. They even have a Kickstarter campaign to help you choose the right device. How do you feel about your drone being controlled by someone/something else?

Yay. Then criminals will download the app and steal your drone... Erm..... Haaaaang on [emoji44][emoji44][emoji44]

Neon Euc

Can you imagine a single 'radar' that can interact with all of the RC aircraft in the country? Me either! They likely aren't transmitting (that would take a whole lot of FAA/FCC testing and certification not to mention some pretty hefty costs for installation). And detecting any transmissions from an RC aircraft out to 10 miles would take a mighty high gain antenna. And as far as 'hijacking' a bird, that is going to get you into a whole other bucket of worms when you start interfering with legitimate radio transmissions. Note: I deliberately used the term RC aircraft rather than Drone because we all fall under the FCC umbrella of sUAS's.

Reactions: N017RW
If it actually worked, wouldn't be illegal to interfere with another aircraft. The actual campaign is for a "simulator app" to show how the system would work, not the actual system. It sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl