Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

Regulations that are reasonable.the FAA cannot enforce this without help from the local law enforcement and i don't see that happening unless you are being irresponsible.

Not sure what littlebob is getting at? Thought we all were reasonable and responsible ground pilots! I just wanted to know why the FAA didn't give back my $5.00 bucks! I did get a really cool number though............"ID10T"

Reactions: MrTommy
Your rite must of us are very responsible,i just cannot see registering something i use on my own property,you don't have to register off road vehicles you use on your property that are far more dangerous than a 2lb quad.just enforce the rules on the law breakers not everyone.( just my opinion)
A new way to spell idiot,amazing.
Happy new year

It is free if you do it now it took like 3 min. I think it's free till the middle of January.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I downloaded some no fly zone map for the iPhone. Just generally a big circle for airports, and then the more perfect bordered areas for national parks and military bases.

But do police know where the no fly zones are and will they start chasing down someone down? Or what if I looked at my map app and my area was not marked in red and the police still want to give me **** and say I can't fly it here, can pulling up an app be enough evidence that I flew in an allowed area?

The best advice is always comply with the officer and use the courts to correct any injustice.

Reactions: snerd
And next the government want us to register hoverboards.

Most people compliment or think my hoverboard cool. But then there are those few that just hate hoverboards. I bumped into one of those tour guide hustlers in Hollywood because those guys always stand in people's walk path. Well, just bumped into his arm since he's sticking his hand out all day. He chased me down demanding an apology, said sorry, and he kept following me telling me how pissed he is and hoped I fall off my hoverboard.

And then at retail stores I get the usual "get off your hoverboard" from some employees. But this one employee at Best Buy looked like he hated hoverboards and told me to get off, even when getting off, he then goes saying "now it's a trip hazard, move it".

I downloaded some no fly zone map for the iPhone. Just generally a big circle for airports, and then the more perfect bordered areas for national parks and military bases.

But do police know where the no fly zones are and will they start chasing down someone down? Or what if I looked at my map app and my area was not marked in red and the police still want to give me **** and say I can't fly it here, can pulling up an app be enough evidence that I flew in an allowed area?

I think you have to be reported.

But I expect it to go like this if that's the case.

Whiny NIMBY: "Someone flew a drone by my house and it's in a no fly zone!!! (re: geofencing/airmap.io)'
Police: (prioritization by incident - officer procedures) Okay. Where are you? We'll get right out. -lots of snickering now
2 hours later, well after the drone pilot has gone home
NIMBY: "Did you get that thug?! That waste of human space?! He could have seen my 80 year old body!"
Police: "Not yet but your request is still in queue"

All that to say, only if it's a slow day will the police get involved.

Besides, with the geofencing, I don't think there's any legality to a person claiming their home a no-fly zone.

@StumbleBee: the only authority the federal government has is that which we the people have granted to it through the constitution. They have no authority to ban, regulate or in any way control anything unless they are specifically granted those powers by "we the people". Get that in your head.

Reactions: RKBA
I think you have to be reported.

But I expect it to go like this if that's the case.

Whiny NIMBY: "Someone flew a drone by my house and it's in a no fly zone!!! (re: geofencing/airmap.io)'
Police: (prioritization by incident - officer procedures) Okay. Where are you? We'll get right out. -lots of snickering now
2 hours later, well after the drone pilot has gone home
NIMBY: "Did you get that thug?! That waste of human space?! He could have seen my 80 year old body!"
Police: "Not yet but your request is still in queue"

All that to say, only if it's a slow day will the police get involved.

Besides, with the geofencing, I don't think there's any legality to a person claiming their home a no-fly zone.

I did see police at the park telling a family with a drone to leave right when I was going to launch mine. The park was out of "no fly" zone, but it was because the park employees called the cops. It's owned by a private city company and they don't allow drones due to liability. But the cop was nice, he said he could issue a citation if he wanted to be an [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]. So ya now I'm more afraid of cops seeing me with a drone in case I get one who just wants to be **** and knows I'm in the "ok to fly" zone. This is the Great Park in OC, which has a visitors center, it's a huge park and it's the best place to fly a drone for a beginner. And it also has a giant hot air balloon thing teathered to a rope.

So had to go to a little smaller park but it was enough to get used to the controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see police at the park telling a family with a drone to leave right when I was going to launch mine. The park was out of "no fly" zone, but it was because the park employees called the cops. It's owned by a private city company and they don't allow drones due to liability. But the cop was nice, he said he could issue a citation if he wanted to be an *******. So ya now I'm more afraid of cops seeing me with a drone in case I get one who just wants to be **** and knows I'm in the "ok to fly" zone. This is the Great Park in OC, which has a visitors center, it's a huge park and it's the best place to fly a drone for a beginner. And it also has a giant hot air balloon thing teathered to a rope.

So had to go to a little smaller park but it was enough to get used to the controls.
We have minors and women members here so maybe tone your language down a notch ;)

Would love to but as a holiday maker site does not let me use my foreign CC. Where is the area where non residents can register ownership? Your tax money at work!

Would love to but as a holiday maker site does not let me use my foreign CC. Where is the area where non residents can register ownership? Your tax money at work!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Not exactly sure what you are saying here but it sounds like you are having issues registering your UAV from another country. Give this a try...

Q3. What if I have a problem or issue registering my drone?

A. Email us your UAS support questions or inquiries at [email protected]. Live phone support will be available starting December 25 from 7am to 5pm Eastern, seven days a week. Phone assistance is available at 844-244-3565.

I just wanted to know why the FAA didn't give back my $5.00 bucks! I did get a really cool number though............"ID10T"

Ha ha.

I think the website said we'd get our $5 back - soon. THIS - I have to see. Nothing happens "soon" with the gov, unless it's the IRS after some back taxes.

In other words, "Who plans to break the law?"

Registering as a drone pilot is legally required if you fly a drone over .55 lbs. Saying on here that you won't register is a great signal to the FAA to come find you.
I don't own a scale that measures weights that small. Now I have to invest in a pot scale to determine if my toy drone must be registered?.

I don't own a scale that measures weights that small. Now I have to invest in a pot scale to determine if my toy drone must be registered?.
A digital food scale should be sufficient, and is also good for measuring out food carefully (I do this all the time.... Could be OCD).

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Please. Just stop.

Any kitchen scale will measure that. Or any postal scale (which you can use for free at the post office).

Or you can just use common sense. Wait ... never mind.

Reactions: Porc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart