Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I have registered. My concern, however, is when I register as a commercial user. I do maybe 3 or 4 aerial photoshoots per month in the summer months (for which I have so far not charged). I am concerned that the registration process will be the same for me as it will be for Amazon flying many thousands of flights per day.

Reactions: Jahbass
I registered simply because, as a retired airline pilot with an FAA ATP License, the FAA has a ton of info on me already. A little extra won't hurt. If you don't think that the 800,000 or so drones purchased over the Christmas season doesn't have an impact on aviation as a whole, consider this: A friend of mine is a helicopter pilot for Life Flight Air Ambulance. That company, in the last week, has prohibited their pilots from flying below 1000 feet MSL. What does that mean? It means they need a weather ceiling of at least 1500' to fly as opposed to less than a 1000' ceiling. This means that they may not be able to fly a potentially life-saving mission due to a restriction imposed because of the possibility of a collision with a drone in adverse weather. And that's only in consideration of the operators who are complying with the 400' mandate. I agree with the concept that you are, indeed, operating an aircraft and therefore need to exercise safety and good judgement.

Reactions: Choppa
True, I live in Florida! We swim with Gators too! But if you touch one then you have to register yourself .

Yup. I know what you are referring to. Same here. People would be surprised what you may own given the proper licensing.

If you're referring to NFA items (short barreled rifles, machine guns etc), that's not a "license". The item is on the federal registry and there is a one time transfer tax due at the time of purchase.

No one is registering their Phantom. You don't register your aircraft. You register as a PILOT, then put your number on all of your aircraft.

If you're referring to NFA items (short barreled rifles, machine guns etc), that's not a "license". The item is on the federal registry and there is a one time transfer tax due at the time of purchase.

mjaxmi1mntlhnmewmzayothmyjjm.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl