Are there still Android Nougat disconnect issues?

I am using Nexus 6P,( Nougat ) with my P3 Pro. Everything was working fine with this setup until I was so stupid so upgraded the firmware from v1.8.80 to v1.10.90. Then the problem started. My first problem after update was a lot of freezing and purple artifacts on my phone.( Not present in the video on the SD card) Think the rollback from 1.8 to 1.6 on the R/C solved this problem. ( Not quit sure but I have not seen this artifacts since the rollback)

I have now this annoying DJI Go crash problem. 5-7 min in flight DJI Go always crash. The drone is controllable but no video feed.

Is P3 Pro a finished chapter for DJI or will they release any new firmware update ? Or perhaps a fix so it is possible to rollback to a previous firmware ?

Does somebody know where I can find previous versions of DJI Go app ?
I have also read some tips about switching the channel on the R/C to manual and select a decent channel instead of auto.

Will try this weekend with downgrade of the app and manual setting of the R/C channels.

I feel so frustrated. I was going to sell my P3 Pro and buy a another drone. It is now not possible to sell a drone that does not working properly.
It is not the DJI GO software, it's the software update on your phone. The DJI GO app works great on anything other than Nougat.

In that case, there must be compatibility issues between nougat and firmware 1.10.90 or any of Nougats later patches.
I have never had a problem with Nougat and last firmware 1.8.80

I have not used my Nvidia K1 to fly in a long time, I have been using the iPad mini 4, is there still disconnect issues with Nougat and DJI GO? Of there is, are they any fixes other than rolling the tablet back to Marshmallow?
I love using the iPad mini, but I have this K1 that is brand new and I have only used it twice. I would like to get some use out of it or sell it.
Thanks in advance.
I'm having loads of strange troubles using DJI GO with my Samsung S7 (non-edge) on Nougat. It must be a memory use problem because the problems seem to vary.
It was fine before the phone updated to Nougat so hopefully DJI will look into this and update the GO app soon.

Reactions: Simzy666
Just been out, used two batteries... 2600m/ 17min flight on one.. S7 edge, nougat ,go 3.1.4. P3a 1.10.90 /rc
1.8.0 No problems at all.

Last edited:
I'm having loads of strange troubles using DJI GO with my Samsung S7 (non-edge) on Nougat. It must be a memory use problem because the problems seem to vary.
It was fine before the phone updated to Nougat so hopefully DJI will look into this and update the GO app soon.
You will have better luck rolling your phone back to Marshmallow.
This has been going on for six months.

My HTC 10 with Nougat allows the dji app to open briefly, but then the app stops and won't allow me to double tap to exit. The phone restarts and asks me to send report to HTC.

My old LG G2 with no cell service and Lollipop works fine.

I have not used my Nvidia K1 to fly in a long time, I have been using the iPad mini 4, is there still disconnect issues with Nougat and DJI GO? Of there is, are they any fixes other than rolling the tablet back to Marshmallow?
I love using the iPad mini, but I have this K1 that is brand new and I have only used it twice. I would like to get some use out of it or sell it.
Thanks in advance.
I have the K1 and I rolled back to Marshmallow and love the K1 and would not trade it for anything (no DJI GO crashes at all)! I heard that (for Nougat) if you uninstall DJI GO and delete all DJI folder afterward and then go back in and re-install DJI Go that it doesn't crash anymore (after uninstall you must delete all left over DJI folders on the K1). However, I recommend that you just simply roll-back to Marshmallow and be done with it. I would recommend the K1 is just as good if not better than the iPad and not to mention you have it so you might as well use it. Good Luck!

I have Samung S7 with Nougat and the current software. Video is choppy and color mess. Useless. iPad Mini 2 works fine now however before the latest update it was just as bad. I will not consider buying and further DJI Phantom until they decide to fully support Android phones and tablets.

I had constant crashes with my Android 7 K1. Switched to the Litchi app and have had no problems. Flying the P3-4K. Also Litchi knows what size and color fonts to use. Tiny blue letters? Give me a break DJI!
Now that we know the price of the Crystal Sky and as of now it can not have third party apps installed I guess I'll stay with the K1.

td

Hello, I ve the same problems than nvidia k1, on xiaomi mipad2. The app crashes after few minutes or the live video is frozen.
Eric

Long time iPad user here with DJi drones. Quite simply always had pleasant and smooth usability with GO on iPads.

Got a wild hair and bought a new Shield K1 the other week as I wanted to try HDMI out from it to my Headplay goggle (THE ultimate no-glare solution). As you all probably know DJi's RC HDMI module doesn't mirror the GO app but instead just uses their minimalist OSD output for just basic flight instrumentation, no maps etc.

Well, I have to say even though I kept my Sheild K1 on Marshmellow the Android experience with DJi GO in my opinion is horrific. The K1 is no slouch from a performance standpoint and I didn't have really experience bad lag from the app or with video but the Go App just felt slower, less responsive. The HERE mapping suck as well. The DJi GO app on andoird just seems overall less polished. You can sense DJi prefers iOS development over Android development.

I will likely keep the K1 as it's a pretty neat tablet for what it is. I'm not sure if I'll use it to fly with though unless DJi refines the GO app for Android.

Oh forgot to mention the whole USB device detection when pluggin in the RC to the K1. I know it's an Android thing but a seamless experience it is definetely not, what a train wreck that was to figure out.

Reactions: Phantom100flyer
I am now using a Samsung S6 with Android 6 and everything is working fine. No DJI go app crash. Never found a working solution with my Nexus 6P, Android 7.

I am now using a Samsung S6 with Android 6 and everything is working fine. No DJI go app crash. Never found a working solution with my Nexus 6P, Android 7.
That's a shame.... I am running a Nexus 5x, which is largely similar to a Nexus 6P, on Android 7 and it works perfectly. But I held back at F/W version 1.9.60 on my Phantom P3P, having been put right off by the reports here of there being no rollback (without hacking) from v.1.10.90.

My Nexus 7 tablet on Android 6.0.1 also works without any problems...

I've had several disconnects with my Galaxy S8+ using DJI Go 3.1.5. I just hover drone then reopen DJI Go app and continue flying. App just seems to crash but i'm still in control of drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl