Anyone tried out Dronebase's Getty Images - or do you do it yourself?

Reaction score
I am looking into selling my drone footage that I have taken and I am thinking about Dronebase's Getty images submission, which pays $15 per video, but I don't think they do pictures.

It sounds quite good to get that guaranteed for each video accepted. How often are they accepted and how often do you think good videos are rejected?

Otherwise, does anyone upload videos and photos to getty themselves? How much would you normally expect to earn from a video?

Or do you upload to all of the other non-exclusive stock sites and does that pay well?

I realise that stock will never pay that well, but it would be great to earn a little bit from my drone videos that are otherwise doing nothing.

Thanks for your help

Olly

I am looking into selling my drone footage that I have taken and I am thinking about Dronebase's Getty images submission, which pays $15 per video, but I don't think they do pictures.

It sounds quite good to get that guaranteed for each video accepted. How often are they accepted and how often do you think good videos are rejected?

Otherwise, does anyone upload videos and photos to getty themselves? How much would you normally expect to earn from a video?

Or do you upload to all of the other non-exclusive stock sites and does that pay well?

I realise that stock will never pay that well, but it would be great to earn a little bit from my drone videos that are otherwise doing nothing.

Thanks for your help

Olly
Hey there! i have submitted a bunch of videos, and probably made over $300. The video has to be between 5 seconds to 60 seconds, cannot be over or under that. Also, no name brands or peoples’ faces can be in the videos. They don't do images at the moment .

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronerr Parts
Wow! That sounds great.

How often do they reject your photos - when you say a bunch how many would that be?

Also, have you got any examples of them on your facebook?

I’ve done well with the Getty Images, $15 if accepted, the percentage that get rejected depends on your content and quality. It has to be unique footage and not a bunch of clips of the same thing. I’ve sold quite a few on pond5, and they sell for more money but less often. Your mileage may vary.

Hi,

I can't get your facebook link to work. But I have had a look at the videos for sale on Pond5 so it isn't a huge issue.

I imagine you can't submit videos to both Pond5 and Dronebase - getty is exclusive rights only.

10 out of 40 videos isn't bad. Why were most of them rejected? Were they duplicates or just not quite the quality that they were after.

Thanks

Olly

From my experiences, they will reject them for non exclusive content, boring, rough jerky camera movements, people and private property without consent

Hi,

This is really helpful thanks.

Did they prefer cityscapes the most?

Also, has anyone got any idea how well drone vids and pics sell on stock imagery websites

How fast your stuff moves on the stock sites can depend on how well you promote it. Put links on your social media pages, reach out to people in the industry, etc.
A lot of content to choose from will increase your chances of sales.

Thanks for your help

Olly
Just stumbled upon this thread after I found gettyimages through dronebase. Curious after reading this thread which platform people prefer. Gettyimages or pond5? Apparently you can't upload same content to both sites? Is that true. Please let me know. Thank you in advance sir.

edit: also, if we shoot in dlog are we not suppose to color grade our work for both pond5 and gettyimages? This post https://www.videomaker.com/videonew...-forces-to-open-new-drone-footage-marketplace confuses me a bit.

I sell through a few stock sites, Pond5 being one of them. I tried the dronebase/Getty thing when they first started taking drone footage. $15 is a JOKE! At first they did not even tell you how much they would pay! When I found out I pulled all my footage off dronebase ( I had to email them as they did not provide a way to do this myself).
Pond5 on the other hand lets me set my own price (with minimums). I have total control at Pond5 and they do a good job with promotion etc.
In regards to color correction, I grade every shot, some lightly and others for effect, can't say which sell better though. In addition Pond5 also has a deal with Getty and Adobe so my shots show up there anyhow.
Don't let dronebase sell your content for hundreds of dollars then give you $15, use another stock site,set your own price and don't degrade our business anymore then it is already.

I sell through a few stock sites, Pond5 being one of them. I tried the dronebase/Getty thing when they first started taking drone footage. $15 is a JOKE! At first they did not even tell you how much they would pay! When I found out I pulled all my footage off dronebase ( I had to email them as they did not provide a way to do this myself).
Pond5 on the other hand lets me set my own price (with minimums). I have total control at Pond5 and they do a good job with promotion etc.
In regards to color correction, I grade every shot, some lightly and others for effect, can't say which sell better though. In addition Pond5 also has a deal with Getty and Adobe so my shots show up there anyhow.
Don't let dronebase sell your content for hundreds of dollars then give you $15, use another stock site,set your own price and don't degrade our business anymore then it is already.
Do you actually make decent money off of Pond5? If I upload a bunch of footage what is the likelihood any of it gets bought? I have some really good shots, but with millions of other videos I just don't see who would buy it?

Do you actually make decent money off of Pond5? If I upload a bunch of footage what is the likelihood any of it gets bought? I have some really good shots, but with millions of other videos I just don't see who would buy it?

I have about 1500 shots up, not all drone footage, and on average make $100 - $300 a month. Some months better than others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94