Anyone running latest Litchi with old P4P firmware?

Reaction score
Hi all Litchi users,

With my P4P I am still on firmware 1.03.05.09 (from ~Sept 17) and everything is sweet with Litchi V3.10.9. (Android)

However Litchi has had some bug fixes since and is adding features.

I know Litchi says 'always make sure you have the latest firmware etc etc' ..... but .... anyone running new Litchi with older firmware??
Thanx

Last edited:
I'm doing just that, testing p4p on 1.03.05.09 with newer versions of litchi. I found android to be a bit unstable so I moved to the iOS versions of the app. Currently testing version 1.19.0 (iOS) and everything has been working fine, no errors, glitches & all options work. I have not yet tested the latest with all the pano options due to the cold (AK) and the fact I like doing them manually.

Back when I was doing the same thing on the P3p i contacted litchi support, we came to the conclusion that using diff. Versions should be safe within the same SDK.

All my drones that have been left on old firmware perform exactly the same every time, not one single problem ever.

A chart showing the diff. App versions / dji SDK changes would be nice!

FiG

Now if I could test the goggles......

Last edited:
Reactions: EPT160
Hi and thanks CANEKiTA for your detailed reply.

I did forget to say I was on Android.

When you say that you found 'android a bit unstable' do you mean in general ... or just when you ran the latest Litchi with an older P4P firmware? :)

I am running the latest Android and IOS versions of Litchi on my P4P with older firmware and I'm having no problems at all. I also run a P4 with the same tablets and have no trouble there, either.

Reactions: CANEKiTA and EPT160
Hi and thanks CANEKiTA for your detailed reply.

I did forget to say I was on Android.

When you say that you found 'android a bit unstable' do you mean in general ... or just when you ran the latest Litchi with an older P4P firmware? :)

Android has always been more unstable (to me) than IOS , I did find some versions of android that were stable and used them without any mayor issues but currently prefer to fly with IOS and have not had a problem since.

IOS
DJI App: 4.0.7, Litchi App: 2.0.0
RC: 01.04.01.00
AC: 01.03.0509

*have not yet tested the most current version on android.

This firmware combination just works, it even works with the white DJI goggles (only tested via USB)

Just activated the goggles using "old" version Assistant on MAC, no update and everything works!!!

*The same goggles continue to work on my up to date DJI spark.

What I'm trying to do next is enable debug for the goggles via Assistant and see if I can get around the SD cards access limitation, hopefully not a hardware limit!

Edit: goggle version: 01.03.0800

Last edited:
Reactions: EPT160

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka