Anyone looked into these?

Even if it did flip you should still be able to recover it.

It could be useful

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good points, I don't think tipping over would be a concern unless you were coming in too fast in which case nothing is going to help. I am only looking at them as a safety when flying over water, landing and take off on water is not what I would be interested in.
Just think they would be good insurance when over the blue.

Even better insurance is Insurance! I've got State Farm and now I don't worry for $5 a month.
You said your new, and it's completely fair it makes you nervous, I was. I'm the guy that after flying RC for years, would get shaky hands when it was hovering at 400' for the first 10-20flights. And water shots!? Forget about it, those guys are nuts!

Here's the deal, after you fly it, you'll learn to trust it. The issue, for me, is that If my bird does lock-up a motor, or an ESC failure, if it's over water or land will not matter, except, that over water I don't have to worry as much about hurting someone, or some property damage. If my bird crashes, heck id rather it was over water now that I have some time in.
This is a guy with only 30hrs, about 140 miles traveled with 150 flights. The more you fly, the better you'll feel about water. I live next to a lake, on a peninsula, water all around me, and was just like you. I remember the first flight I saw of a guy flying a P3 about 3/4 mile over water and I was like "no way will I ever be that guy" well, I fly on the other side of the lake all the time, and it's exactly 1 mile to the other side, lol.

Forget all that crap that will slow you down, add weight to the aerodynamic properties, give you less flight time, and maybe 2-3 other UN wanted things I haven't mentioned, one is portability, and how about finally the extra tax on motors, I'll add the extra heat to round out why I wouldn't ever want this on my bird. So all those negatives, vs a nice little policy that covers you, even if bird is gone completely, stolen or run over, it's all covered, vs a big ugly not to market yet anyway, Ill conceived idea. This idea is crippled from the start imho.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even better insurance is Insurance! I've got State Farm and now I don't worry for $5 a month.
You said your new, and it's completely fair it makes you nervous, I was. I'm the guy that after flying RC for years, would get shaky hands when it was hovering at 400' for the first 10-20flights. And water shots!? Forget about it, those guys are nuts!

Here's the deal, after you fly it, you'll learn to trust it. The issue, for me, is that If my bird does lock-up a motor, or an ESC failure, if it's over water or land will not matter, except, that over water I don't have to worry as much about hurting someone, or some property damage. If my bird crashes, heck id rather it was over water now that I have some time in.
This is a guy with only 30hrs, about 140 miles traveled with 150 flights. The more you fly, the better you'll feel about water. I live next to a lake, on a peninsula, water all around me, and was just like you. I remember the first flight I saw of a guy flying a P3 about 3/4 mile over water and I was like "no way will I ever be that guy" well, I fly on the other side of the lake all the time, and it's exactly 1 mile to the other side, lol.

Forget all that crap that will slow you down, add weight to the aerodynamic properties, give you less flight time, and maybe 2-3 other UN wanted things I haven't mentioned, one is portability, and how about finally the extra tax on motors, I'll add the extra heat to round out why I wouldn't ever want this on my bird. So all those negatives, vs a nice little policy that covers you, even if bird is gone completely, stolen or run over, it's all covered, vs a big ugly not to market yet anyway, Ill conceived idea. This idea is crippled from the start imho.

I am definitely going to look into insurance, was not aware it might be available.
Cheers for the heads up

Reactions: Sim597
I hope you're seriously not comparing this to the cell phone invention?
I think he was "implying" that although some things are dumb, they still sell to the masses

Looked into insurance and nothing available here in Australia, nothing remotely affordable anyway.
The kickstart program got the numbers and the Waterstrider has been funded, the problem for me is $179 was including postage to anywhere but that is USD, hit my account for $258 AUD needless to say I requested a refund which was awarded without an argument.
So no Waterstrider for me.

My main concern would be stability in the air on anything but the calmest of days.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94