Anyone Bought a Drone from Tomtop in China?

I have NOT read this full thread but . . .

I bought a 4-way Inspire Charger from them 9 weeks ago. It finally arrived (4 weeks) and it was crap. The cooling fan was obnoxiously loud (like something was rubbing) and 3 of the 4 charging cords were DOA. I contacted them and here's how they handled it:

A) offered a $5 refund (I denied)
B) offered a $10 refund (I denied)
C) offered a $15 refund (I denied)

This last time I said no more offers.. a NEW unit or a FULL refund... nothing else will be accepted. It's been 5 more weeks now and every time I contact them I get "It's in the mail. You should see it soon".

Buyer Beware! ! !
Yup, this is how others have been treated based on the reviews I have read. Avoid these guys. IT's Not worth it!!!

Yup, this is how others have been treated based on the reviews I have read. Avoid these guys. IT's Not worth it!!!
This is why I only deal with Amazon or eBay. I have peace of mind that if one of these sellers try to screw me over. Amazon or eBay will refund my money after returning the product. When you buy overseas from an unknown seller or company, you are basically dealing with the devil. No warranty in refund or exchange in most cases.

This is why I only deal with Amazon or eBay. I have peace of mind that if one of these sellers try to screw me over. Amazon or eBay will refund my money after returning the product. When you buy overseas from an unknown seller or company, you are basically dealing with the devil. No warranty in refund or exchange in most cases.
Well fortunately I did buy from them via eBay. So I know I'll get a refund or the charger. I was trying to give them a benefit of a doubt but if I don't have it in ONE week I'm starting a PayPal complaint.

Have you had any issues with it??
No, didn't have any problem with them. If you need warranty claim you don't go with tomtop or any seller for that matter but directly with DJI and this is something that should worry you as their customer service is awful, pretty close to that of tomtop and other Chinese businesses. Chinese didn't develop sense for customers yet at all.

I would steer clear of TomTop. I tried purchasing a low-end toy drone just last month. Their website stated ships in 2 days. They took my money and then nothing for three weeks. When you check your order status, all it says is "In processing" while ignoring your e-mails to customer support. I filed a claim with PayPal and they got me a refund. There are multiple rating sites out there with similar reviews. Sitejabber is one. TomTop tries to bury the negative reviews with fake ones, but if you drill down you will find similar stories. Many complained they never received their products and never received a refund. They are shoddy at best and difficult to deal with. Try Gearbest. I had OK experience with them, though it's literally a slow boat from China. Took over a month to finally receive my order.

Good that you used PAYPAL! I use PayPal for all purchases online, (if offered). Good protection!

How is your experience with Aliexpress? You have multiple providers there?
Aliexpress is like eBay multiple sellers, I use Aliexpress very often for all kind of stuff and I have mostly good experience, only shipping is little slower most of the time.

I've been dealing with TomTop since Dec2016, spending c. £1000 - up to now I've had a Hubsan 501s / Hubsan501A / Phantom 3Se from them, plus assorted accessories. Last item I bought has a 3SE compatible battery - which was DOA :-( Going through the returns process is a nightmare - would have had to ship back to China (at my cost) even though they apparently have a UK arm ('Avancer' ?). After assorted back'n;forth eventually decided on a part-refund (ie. purchase-price less what postage would have been) just to finish it off. Although I have some 'points' left with them, won't be using again now. Other equally useful suppliers (for me, anyway) are eBay / Amazon / BangGood / EachBuyer. They ask for positive reviews on review-sites & promise up to $5 in return....which never materialised. Avoid.

Should also say that the 3SE itself (this 'is' a Phantom forum after all !) came new / properly packed (in a separate cardboard outer) and has performed flawlessly - upgrades as/when prompted via Go app, updates batteries, mega range / recording quality - drone itself I'm v. happy with. Like others have said though, in case of probs, don't expect any after-sales.....

I had trouble with Tomtop, I bought an IMAX charger that turned out to be a fake. After many emails I ended up taking a partial refund rather than send it back, and binned it. I wouldn't!

I bought a brand new P3P from China via ebay/paypal and it even came with an Aus plug on the charger.
Half price and perfect condition.

My new Phantom 3 SE I received from China (Aliexpress) with a Chinese plug. But well, that's just a plug. And for a price difference of over € 140, - it's not a problem for me.

What you have to realise is the profits they make on these products are very high , in china where dji make all there products prices are very low compared to the inflated prices we pay , dji has managed to get a global market and a American market share , but they are a Chinese company like all the rest so everything they make they are making a 60% profit , i know this as i have visited the factory in china and have seen the production line where these products are made

What you have to realise is the profits they make on these products are very high , in china where dji make all there products prices are very low compared to the inflated prices we pay , dji has managed to get a global market and a American market share , but they are a Chinese company like all the rest so everything they make they are making a 60% profit , i know this as i have visited the factory in china and have seen the production line where these products are made
And they of course showed you their accounting records... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What are you basing this 60% figure on?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello