Any update on shipping ?

He's saying that DJI is not shipping P3 + extra battery bundles. Only P3 without extra battery is being shipped. Some third party dealers are shipping P3 + battery bundles, but only the P3 first. They are shipping the extra battery later when it becomes available.
This is exactly what I was told by DroneNerds / HobbytownUSA this morning.

You obviously didn't read his first message
"I haven't been able to find a single person who ordered direct from DJi that has had their P3 ship without the extra battery they ordered."

I think he made a mistake while writing it out.
He probably meant that he hasn't seen a single person who ordered direct from DJI that has had their P3 with extra battery ship out.

I think he made a mistake while writing it out.
He probably meant that he hasn't seen a single person who ordered direct from DJI that has had their P3 with extra battery ship out.
I think we are all getting a bit excited because we are all speculating and we don't have the drone in our hands. It's exciting but we can't touch it yet.

He's saying that DJI is not shipping P3 + extra battery bundles. Only P3 without extra battery is being shipped. Some third party dealers are shipping P3 + battery bundles, but only the P3 first. They are shipping the extra battery later when it becomes available.
That's correct, we have known that since early April.

I think we are all getting a bit excited because we are all speculating and we don't have the drone in our hands. It's exciting but we can't touch it yet.

I think right now, pretty much the only data that we have are the shipments from DJI direct. Some have even received their shipments already, and there are some stores here and there that have received stock. His statement is merely assumed in light of what people are reporting in regards to their shipping statuses, and what the dealers are saying. It is speculation, but it also seems to be right so far.

And yes it's exciting. I have other things that I need to do, but I keep hitting this tab on my browser every 5 minutes :(

Sorry for the confusion with the wording.

In essence DJi will not ship you anything until mid May if you ordered a Phantom 3 with the extra battery (the bundle).

Mid May they will ship you the bundle (Phantom 3 with the extra battery).

tcope posted DJi would ship without the extra battery. Not true from what we all have read since the beginning of April.

In essence DJi will not ship you anything until mid May if you ordered a Phantom 3 with the extra battery (the bundle).

Mid May they will ship you the bundle (Phantom 3 with the extra battery).

tcope posted DJi would ship without the extra battery. Not true from what we all have read since the beginning of April.

Sorry, but you are 100% incorrect. You can read posts here from people who ordered the P3A with extra battery and the P3A has already been shipped, less the battery. You can also read posts from DJI dealers on RC Groups forum stating the same thing.

For example, from AlleRC:
"Phantom3 Pro's have arrived and we have filled all backorders and are shipping today. If you ordered the one with the extra battery, the extra battery will be shipped in the middle of May when we get them in stock.

We still have a few left for those interested."

and

"We would be able to ship today but not the extra battery. Those will not be shipping until mid May according to DJI."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2384430&highlight=phantom+3&page=305

There are a _TON_ of posts here to confirm this as well as on RC Groups. I'm not clear why you think this is not the case.

Further links to confirm:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/advexure-shipping-pre-order-update.39594/#post-364812

I think you are confused that it's been stated DJI won't send out any extra batteries until May. But they are sending P3's without the extra batteries that people ordered with them.

Last edited:
Sorry, but you are 100% incorrect. You can read posts here from people who ordered the P3A with extra battery and the P3A has already been shipped, less the battery. You can also read posts from DJI dealers on RC Groups forum stating the same thing.

For example, from AlleRC:
"Phantom3 Pro's have arrived and we have filled all backorders and are shipping today. If you ordered the one with the extra battery, the extra battery will be shipped in the middle of May when we get them in stock.

We still have a few left for those interested."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2384430&highlight=phantom+3&page=305

There are a _TON_ of posts here to confirm this as well as on RC Groups. I'm not clear why you think this is not the case.

Further links to confirm:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/advexure-shipping-pre-order-update.39594/#post-364812

From the beginning I was referring to orders placed with DJi directly. As in, people who went to DJi's website and placed their orders directly with DJi. Those "directly placed" battery bundled orders are not being shipped. There is no evidence of it.

Did you not read where I said dealers have offered to ship P3 battery bundled orders sooner without the extra battery?

Just got an notification email from Dji that my P3A without extra batt has shipped via FedEx and expected delivery is May 1st. My priority no 3651 and I placed this order on April 15th

i'm italian and i have buy a PH3 pro with no extra battery, the delivery is started today with DHL. i'm buy from dji online shop

i'm italian and i have buy a PH3 pro with no extra battery, the delivery is started today with DHL. i'm buy from dji online shop
That is really nice to hear. You got your shipment status or is this based on what?

yes , tonight dji send me an email confirming the delivery is started and a tracking number ... DHL courier, the shipment started from SHENZEN CHINA

Reactions: Skyy
Just got this email from DJI which answers some of the open questions on this forum:

-------

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

We are thrilled that you will be receiving your Phantom 3 soon. With your new Phantom's unparalleled camera quality and flight experience, you will soon be creating stunning aerial images and videos.

We also have some important updates regarding your Phantom 3:

24/7 Customer Service

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for all Phantom 3 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Phantom 3, please contact DJI anytime starting at 6:00 pm, April 28, 2015 (GMT+8).

You can reach the technical support team by:

1. Live Chat: Visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/ and click on “Live Chat”
2. E-mail: [email protected]
3. A DJI regional office during local working hours:

North America: Call +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PST, or e-mail [email protected]
EU Member Countries: Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pmCentral European time, or e-mail [email protected]
Japan: E-mail [email protected].

iOS Pilot App

The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.

Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.

For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.

The Android version will be available on April 30.

Orders with an Extra Battery

If you ordered an Extra Battery with your Phantom 3, this will be shipped separately at a later date in May. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
DJI

I got the same email. The only problem is I got an email this morning saying the app will be available tomorrow.

Storeagent01 (DJI)

Apr 29, 15:41

Dear Larry,
Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
We plan to release it tomorrow. Please kindly check it later.
Thanks.

Just got this email from DJI which answers some of the open questions on this forum:

-------

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

We are thrilled that you will be receiving your Phantom 3 soon. With your new Phantom's unparalleled camera quality and flight experience, you will soon be creating stunning aerial images and videos.

We also have some important updates regarding your Phantom 3:

24/7 Customer Service

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for all Phantom 3 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Phantom 3, please contact DJI anytime starting at 6:00 pm, April 28, 2015 (GMT+8).

You can reach the technical support team by:

1. Live Chat: Visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/ and click on “Live Chat”
2. E-mail: [email protected]
3. A DJI regional office during local working hours:

North America: Call +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PST, or e-mail [email protected]
EU Member Countries: Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pmCentral European time, or e-mail [email protected]
Japan: E-mail [email protected].

iOS Pilot App

The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.

Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.

For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.

The Android version will be available on April 30.

Orders with an Extra Battery

If you ordered an Extra Battery with your Phantom 3, this will be shipped separately at a later date in May. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
DJI

I'm glad my P3A has been delayed..... it would be even worse to have it and not be able to fly it.......:mad:

I got the same email. The only problem is I got an email this morning saying the app will be available tomorrow.

Storeagent01 (DJI)

Apr 29, 15:41

Dear Larry,
Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
We plan to release it tomorrow. Please kindly check it later.
Thanks.
"tomorrow" is "within one week" :) Lets hope it really is tomorrow.

Hi guys, first post.
I finally received my priority# from DJI, and live chatted with a rep. My # is 4682, and I ordered a P3 with an extra battery. I was told mid May, which I know contradicts what a lot of other people have said. Just thought I would give an update on what DJI is saying.

Reactions: Phantom_Novi_MI
I just checked fedex and my phantom is on the truck for delivery today. To bad I am at work and took off tomorrow since it was to arrive then.

Reactions: Gearie and sawx75

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl