Any P4 owners going to a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?

Well then, ill just go sit in the corner. Enjoy!
My point is simply that to give a good indication of imaging system performance an out of camera jpg isn’t going to be much use. A crop of known magnification from the centre of a raw file would be much more useful. The image you posted seems to have a lot of noise and strange sharpening artefacts, I have seen subjectively better images from a phantom 3 so on that basis it doesn’t help understand how good the M2 might be or isn’t.

Well, if the only means of comparison is a raw file, thats news to me. Many users find JPEG images to be more than acceptable, regardless of the quality you find of the image Ive delivered. Ive seen, SUBJECTIVELY, much worse images from a P4P. I sent the image i gave from the field, hoping that maybe you’d seen an image obtained under similar means from a P4P. Id say for an individual of your grit, and with the level of criticism you provide consistently, I suspect only you will ever be able to impress yourself. Your results must be impressive. Although ive still never seen them.

He’s typically full of astute, matter-of-fact responses with nothing to back it up, so ill acquiesce.
Well, if the only means of comparison is a raw file, thats news to me. Many users find JPEG images to be more than acceptable, regardless of the quality you find of the image Ive delivered. Ive seen, SUBJECTIVELY, much worse images from a P4P. I sent the image i gave from the field, hoping that maybe you’d seen an image obtained under similar means from a P4P. Id say for an individual of your grit, and with the level of criticism you provide consistently, I suspect only you will ever be able to impress yourself. Your results must be impressive. Although ive still never seen them.
I suspect your on a different tangent. It’s a nice image that you posted, one I would be happy to have taken and would definitely keep. It is nicely composed and very pleasing subjectively to my eye and I suspect others. What it doesn’t do is assist in a technical comparison of the M2 to another imaging system. You would need to take images from both with the same POV and exposure settings and subject them to the same processing workflow to make a meaningful assessment. I am still where I was though, I would hope that I might pull a better quality image from the M2 than the JPG you posted. I would like to order a couple but am holding off untill I see evidence it is better than the P4P, if it’s not it would make no sense not to wait for the P5 for my purposes.

035692B9-2987-4028-95A2-EF5E19DCED7B.jpeg

JPEG photo I snapped for a realtor friend with my Mavic 2 Pro. I am quite happy with how the camera is performing.

Reactions: Codes
Thank you- it seems the claimed Hasselblad colour profile does give the images a nice look.

Not everythIng I have snapped has looked like this. Perhaps the these specific colors along with the time of day and position of the sun simply “worked”

Not everythIng I have snapped has looked like this. Perhaps the these specific colors along with the time of day and position of the sun simply “worked”
Its pretty good- when you look closely there is some chromatic aberration and noise but you can pull a really clean image from this no problem. I have seen worse CA than that in $3K+ full frame lenses.

Now we just need to see what the go is with a few of these M2's claimed to be falling out of the sky (have been following a couple of the threads on phantom pilots). ESC failure with DJI happy to replace the AC from the controller log file (AC not recoverable). Lets hope its not the Karma saga- DJI would be less likely to lose face with a recall though, they would replace every second AC they build before admitting they got something wrong.

Reactions: mahera
Thank you- it seems the claimed Hasselblad colour profile does give the images a nice look.

Again, ill put your words to the test. You told me that the JPEGs were of none of your concern and that you wanted a side-by-side comparison to be meaningful before you could make a desicion, and put me thru the ringer for some reason. Then, another user gives another JPEG with more light and a faster shutter and all of a sudden your placated?

Last edited:
Again, ill put your words to the test. You told me that the JPEGs were of none of your concern and that you wanted a side-by-side comparison to be meaningful before you could make a desicion, and put me thru the ringer for some reason. Then, another user gives another JPEG with more light and a faster shutter and all of a sudden your placated? What a prick.
PM me if you have an issue. You insults don't worry me but why ruin a thread for the OP.

I have already addressed your earlier issue with clarification.

The JPG you posted is full of noise- I said on that basis it probably wasn't the best example to evaluate the camera performance- to be blunt I was saying if that is an example of what the cameras limitations are I don't want one.

I wasn't being critical of your composition or choice of subject.

Its pretty good- when you look closely there is some chromatic aberration and noise but you can pull a really clean image from this no problem. I have seen worse CA than that in $3K+ full frame lenses.

Now we just need to see what the go is with a few of these M2's claimed to be falling out of the sky (have been following a couple of the threads on phantom pilots). ESC failure with DJI happy to replace the AC from the controller log file (AC not recoverable). Lets hope its not the Karma saga- DJI would be less likely to lose face with a recall though, they would replace every second AC they build before admitting they got something wrong.

I’ve been following along over at Mavicpilots and this far they seem to be minimal... two I think that really looks like the AC **** the bed. You want to read about birds falling... go check out the Typhoon H+. I took mine back for the M2P. Those H+ are having a rough of it.

I’ve been following along over at Mavicpilots and this far they seem to be minimal... two I think that really looks like the AC **** the bed. You want to read about birds falling... go check out the Typhoon H+. I took mine back for the M2P. Those H+ are having a rough of it.
I tend to agree- people are more inclined to post about bad experiences than good, that is human nature. Im in a position where I can do the wait and see thing though.

PM me if you have an issue. You insults don't worry me but why ruin a thread for the OP.

I have already addressed your earlier issue with clarification.

The JPG you posted is full of noise- I said on that basis it probably wasn't the best example to evaluate the camera performance- to be blunt I was saying if that is an example of what the cameras limitations are I don't want one.

I wasn't being critical of your composition or choice of subject.

Being that I am the OP...I am not offended by your discussions, just don’t want the mods to take any actions against either of you. We are here to share and learn, sometimes the typed word can be misconstrued without the advantage tone of voice and body language. Carry on fellas...LOL!

Reactions: Big T

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT