Any of you guys know what the heck this is?

Reaction score
A guy found this in a car he bought... it's heavy, and sounds like it's got sand in it or something.

I'm hoping some of the smart people here can tell me something...
ceab4fd93b950d7b7cf08f0fda925883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would call local authorities and tell them. I wouldnt suggest walking into police department with it lol
this page reads.....
It's a bomblet from a cluster bomb. A larger shell explodes in the air and scatters these smaller bombs over a large area. Pretty nasty as the ones that don't explode lay scattered around for people to find and get killed by, sometimes years later.

Live grenade metal ball | Collectors Weekly

I figured it out! It's a Vietnamese Cluster Bomb. All those divettes are firing pins. It's a called a "inert" grenade that is designed to blow after an impact.

Totally scary!
d81ed00fb467152895fbb9f959389ce4.jpg

Following on from there I see spring action, possible ball bearings and shrapnel from the casing. It could be thrown or shot out of something. I would certainly handling with care and place it gently away from people and property until you clarify what it is.

So, I agree it's too dangerous to find out. What is crazy is it has been rolling around in a trunk for I don't know how long.

Most what I see says the blue ones means it's a training one.

Either way he just called the police and their sending someone over to take a look at it. Hopefully to take it away!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West