Any difference in the 2.5W and 3W sunhans boosters?

Reaction score
I know dirty bum has noticed no noticeable difference between the two. Has anyone else noticed a difference? I have a 4W booster for my 5.8ghz antenna. Not sure if I should stay with the 2.5W on my 2.4ghz, go 3W, or add another 2.5W. Any help please?

Obviously, there is a difference of .5 watts. DB says he hasn't noticed a difference, and that isn't surprising. If you're running 2500 mw and then comparing that to 3000 mw, you're only increasing the power by 20%. The inverse square rule applies. So theoretically, you would get the potential of a 10% increase in range, provided everything is perfect.

Obviously, there is a difference of .5 watts. DB says he hasn't noticed a difference, and that isn't surprising. If you're running 2500 mw and then comparing that to 3000 mw, you're only increasing the power by 20%. The inverse square rule applies. So theoretically, you would get the potential of a 10% increase in range, provided everything is perfect.

Would you risk that potential 10% increase in range, or try and get as much as you can?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT