Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Antenna mod for P3?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Mods' started by Shatty, May 17, 2015.

1. Shatty

Antenna mod for P3 soon?

2. Shatty

Nevermind...I see it on the FPVLR site! Cool!

3. Shatty

Yes I know..I spoke to you on phone today....Billy...Also dont forget to send me the info I need. Thanks

4. mede8er

Don't spend a dime right now....itElite's antenna will cost about 1/3 of that.....

5. Shatty

Yea but they only sell antennas...not boosters which is needed to achieve further distances I belive. I think I will stick with FPVLR because I have not heard one negative review about them and people are getting 4+ miles with their mods.

6. Diirk

Who has bought the P3 advanced mod and installed it? I'd like to hear some stories (from people other than the owners) before buying it. Anyone?

7. Diirk

****, I really want the advanced kit. My issue is the fact that the portability of the controller gets decreased quite a lot (lot of wires, lot of things hanging behind the controller like boosters, lot of extra weight). I upgraded my Phantom 2 Vision+ at FPVLR before and I didn't like all the extra additions to my controller, although the extra range was epic.
    It's a bit of a dillemma for me. I wish you would be able to integrate it nicer, like put all the extra stuff inside the controller or something. I also don't want the basic version.

Question: How easy is it to remove the extra stuff (the new antennas and the range extender and the 3d printed stuff) for travel purposes? I'm asking because I have a backpack for my Phantom 3, which also fits the controller currently. I'd like to still put everything in there even after the upgrade.

8. Diirk

Ok great, thanks for the info, I will order once I figure out how to pay with PayPal as they are not accepting my credit card anymore for some mysterious reason.

9. Diirk

Last question: If I decide to downgrade from Advanced version to Basic version after finishing all the installation steps of Advanced version, will I be able to without buying new stuff?

10. Fares

513$ US is a bit high price. Don't forget also the shipping. Which will cost me about 100 us returning. So, is there any chance off discount? maybe wait abit for new tech. You might drop pric