Antenna Help

Reaction score
I currently use the Immersion FatShark Spironet mushroom antenna's (2) with my FPV set-up. Although I can see the image on my screen I still get some static distorted lines across my screen. Is there possibly something wrong with my antenna's?

are you in a high wifi usage area?
Well i do have wifi in my home. I have a wireless security camera in my backyard as well. On the monitor i have one stock antenna and a spironet. On the drone is a spironet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

more of is the neighborhood active with a lot of wifi. are you flying in a heavy congested area allot of trees building. Is it happing all the time or after you get out a ways few 100 ft.

more of is the neighborhood active with a lot of wifi. are you flying in a heavy congested area allot of trees building. Is it happing all the time or after you get out a ways few 100 ft.
Yes neighborhood has wifi. No trees. There is a little distortion upon takeoff but it does get worse as i get further say 100 ft give or take. Is it normal?

Yes neighborhood has wifi. No trees. There is a little distortion upon takeoff but it does get worse as i get further say 100 ft give or take. Is it normal?

You can get waves or they call it Jell-O.
The waves can be from props not balanced. Or even heat. I'm in Phx and I was noticing a little wave or Jell-O. You may also get a lag in video coming in. I'm uploading a video I'll send you a link. It will give you an idea of what to expect. It's shot with a screen saver on my phone. I use my phone for my P2 and a tablet for my P3. What app are you using? DJI or a third party.

Last edited:
Boy glad I looked at that last message auto correction did not work very will
here is the video. it also shows what will happen when you loss control signal and RTH kicks in. I left the RTH bring it back to about 80 ft out and flipped the switch on the right side from GPS to ATT and back. that will switch the RTH off and back into GPS.

I have my video preview quality set very low. So it's not using very much signal. you can set it up higher in the app.

I currently use the Immersion FatShark Spironet mushroom antenna's (2) with my FPV set-up. Although I can see the image on my screen I still get some static distorted lines across my screen. Is there possibly something wrong with my antenna's?

A higher gain antenna in place of the stock antenna on your monitor will help with video reception and also the placement of the TX antenna should be straight down.
IMG_5632.jpg

You will need an adapter to attach this to the monitor. Also make sure all your antennas are RHCP.
IMG_1138.jpg

Fat Shark SpiroNET 5.8 GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302 B&H Photo

SMA Female To RP-SMA Male connect SMA to RP-SMA RF Connector Adapter USA

Thanks....I'll see if a patch antenna will fix the Jell-O effect.

Thanks....I'll see if a patch antenna will fix the Jell-O effect.

What camera are you using on the gimbal? Also are you using the white dampers?

The patch antenna will not remove Jell-O that can only be accomplished by using the correct dampers, well balanced props and motors. If you are using a Hero 4 with ND filters you may have use counter weights to compensate for the extra weight.

Would also like to see a video from your camera of what your calling the Jell-O effect.

What camera are you using on the gimbal? Also are you using the white dampers?

The patch antenna will not remove Jell-O that can only be accomplished by using the correct dampers, well balanced props and motors. If you are using a Hero 4 with ND filters you may have use counter weights to compensate for the extra weight.

Would also like to see a video from your camera of what your calling the Jell-O effect.

Maybe the Jello-O effect isn't my issue, not sure. It doesn't occur in my recordings but on the FPV monitor as I'm viewing the feed. I get like static lines across my screen. I'm using a Hero3+ Black. I do have the Hero4 as well but have not used it on the P2. Attached is my set-up on my P2.

Attachments

• 20160707_045509.jpg
    20160707_045509.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 319
Maybe the Jello-O effect isn't my issue, not sure. It doesn't occur in my recordings but on the FPV monitor as I'm viewing the feed. I get like static lines across my screen. I'm using a Hero3+ Black. I do have the Hero4 as well but have not used it on the P2. Attached is my set-up on my P2.

Have you ever tried the white dampers? Those black dampers are too stiff and can cause Jell-O in the cameras video. As for static lines in the video feed on your monitor from the sun casting shadows off the props to actual interference but without seeing a video of your screen problem it's impossible to tell whats wrong. Also looks like those zip ties are to tight.loosen them up and only use two ties one to the left of the camera and the other on the right rear bracket

Have you ever tried the white dampers? Those black dampers are too stiff and can cause Jell-O in the cameras video. As for static lines in the video feed on your monitor from the sun casting shadows off the props to actual interference but without seeing a video of your screen problem it's impossible to tell whats wrong. Also looks like those zip ties are to tight.loosen them up and only use two ties one to the left of the camera and the other on the right rear bracket

I have not tried the white dampers. I bought the P2 last year from a guy and it only came with the black ones. I'll probably buy a set and try it out. I'll loosen the zip ties as well.

Thanks for the tip!!

the best antenna combo I have found is this:
bluebeam airscrew on the P2
bluebeam mad mushroom on the monitor
TrueRC AirX2 on the monitor

using a flysight black mamba TX and skyzone diversity goggles. consistently reach 2km with no breakup.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl