Another P3S crippled video link after firmware update

Reaction score
P3S/ App version 2.8.0/ firmware 1.6.8.0

I Knew I wanted to fly today so I checked everything last night and saw the notice for updating. Update said successful. Flew this morning and got loss of video signal and disconnected warning at about 200 feet up and 100 feet out. I still had full stick control to bring it back. I tried re-linking the controller to the quad and it did not solve the issue. Previously I could go 3000 feet on the same course with my DBS antenna.

Question: Could I try to re-load the firmware? How would I do that - do I need to downgrade first?

Andy

i m also here with the same signal loosing problem after upgrading.. no one knows how to downgrade the Firmware.. and Dji even don't know the error.. but there are lots of people having the same issue in DJi forum too. Hope they will send a new update again soon..

I'm new on here and have a p3s that is new. I have set it up and upgraded the firmware. Didn't fly last night as it was windy, so managed a couple of flights at lunchtime today - all ok.

So tried again later and got the "No Signal" message. Had full control of the bird and brought it back down - it was only 20-30 ft away.

I tried re-linking the TX, no joy.
I tried moving location, no joy.
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it seems to be working ok - only 2 flights but both ok.

I will try again tomorrow and see if I get the same problem again and report back.

I'm using android - Sony Xperia z3 compact on marshmallow.

Well, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO app and no joy. I am really not happy about this. I now have a quad with the same range as my Chinese toy quads I fly. Thanks a bunch DJI. Reminds me of my troubles with Garmin, too. I have a GPS watch and Garmin just doesn't fail to destroy something with their updates.

Anyone please link suggestions or successes you've seen maybe on another thread. I haven't found any reproducible success stories for fixing this problem. It seems only the problem is reproducible - not everyone I guess - but too many seeing the same markedly reduced range. Something killed off the video link.

Well, one last trick. Try turning your device all the way off and back on. My tablet gets sluggish after a week or so of just sleep periods with no true off. Doubt it will help but there's a chance.

Thanks for the idea Chasbro, but still no joy. I even tried another tablet that shows an app version of 2.4.3, and a firmware version of 1.5.70+ (whatever the plus means). Yep, it let me fly with that tablet without any warning that the tablet needed an update. That suggests to me that the firmware upgrade corrupted (hopefully didn't fry) something onboard the quad. Isn't there an onboard protected section on the chip that has some reset values just for this purpose?

I hope DJI mans up and issues a viable fix for this lethal update. The P3 isn't much fun anymore like this.

Ok, so I've flown today, 3 or 4 flights used 50% of battery and no issues with signal since I reinstalled the app. It may be worth trying....uninstall the app properly and download again from play store.....;)

yes my fre
Ok, so I've flown today, 3 or 4 flights used 50% of battery and no issues with signal since I reinstalled the app. It may be worth trying....uninstall the app properly and download again from play store.....;)
please tell me what is the firmware you have? is it 1.6.80????

I don't know how to check....I've had a quick look in the app, but don't know where it might be or if it needs to be connected to the bird...? The app is 2.8.0

PHB1969: Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried uninstalling the DJI GO app and reinstalling with no success. Again, my problem is a definite loss of video range. I know some people can't even connect to their bird after an update - that's where a re-link between controller and quad seems to work. I have seen no reliable solution for the video range crippling.

As for where to find the version numbers for the app and firmware, open the DJI GO app. You DO NOT need to be connected to the quad nor have the controller on - just do this anywhere right from your tablet or phone that you use to fly the bird with. Navigate to your model and touch "enter camera view." Now open the general settings by touching the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner. From the column of icons on the left choose the three dots at the very bottom (it opens "other"). Scroll to the bottom and click on "About." This will tell you the version numbers.

Reactions: Dilan Darshana
One of my devices, won't display the firmware unless I am connected.

I checked both my phone and iPad and it doesn't show - I'm away from home at the moment so will check when I get home

Thanks for the idea Chasbro, but still no joy. I even tried another tablet that shows an app version of 2.4.3, and a firmware version of 1.5.70+ (whatever the plus means). Yep, it let me fly with that tablet without any warning that the tablet needed an update. That suggests to me that the firmware upgrade corrupted (hopefully didn't fry) something onboard the quad. Isn't there an onboard protected section on the chip that has some reset values just for this purpose?

I hope DJI mans up and issues a viable fix for this lethal update. The P3 isn't much fun anymore like this.
Does both your devices show 1.5.70+, I had different firmware versions show up by device.
I Looked back on some pictures I took on April 18th I had a 1.2.40+.
IMG_5919.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl