Another New Guy with a Question

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I'm Alan from Arlington Heights, Illinois. I'm thinking of buying my first drone, a Phantom 4 Pro. I was going to wait for the "5" but I'm 71 years old. No one knows when they're coming out so I have to take advantage of all the time I have left! :)

OK, my question. I was really looking at the Pro PLUS because of the built in monitor in the controller. It's supposed to be brighter in sunlight than my Android phone or tablet. However the Plus is not listed anymore on the official DJI site and on the Best Buy site, it says that model is only available in "pre-order." I know it was released a year ago and the site has many reviews, almost all positive, so why is it "pre-order?" Is it because the new model IS coming out and DJI has sold out of all the Plus models? Just wondering.

Anyway in the meantime I'm practicing on my "Realflight Drone Flight Simulator" in preparation for the real thing. Can't wait!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The P4P+ is available in the DJI Store here. You'll see the option to add the remote controller with the screen after clicking the blue "Shop Now" button.

If you're considering Amazon, you can find lots of P4P+ deals here.

Reactions: AlanD96
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

@AlanD96

Welcome to the forum. Like you, I am also 71. I bought the P4P+ to get the built in screen. It is brighter than a tablet. That being said, it is also small. I'm using another controller and an Ipad with mine cause these old eyes need all the real estate they can get. These are great little birds, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Reactions: AlanD96
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

@AlanD96

Welcome to the forum. Like you, I am also 71. I bought the P4P+ to get the built in screen. It is brighter than a tablet. That being said, it is also small. I'm using another controller and an Ipad with mine cause these old eyes need all the real estate they can get. These are great little birds, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thank you Kelly! I'm sure I may have some questions for you after I purchase one. I've heard that the screen is pretty small.

Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart