Anbee 4pcs Quick-release Propr Guards for Phantom 4 - Save money on new props!

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FNZTQNI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy these! One accident will pay for itself in new props. Phantom 4 props at $9-$10 for a set of two will cost $20 total to replace all four.. Save money now and invest upfront!

PROS:

-Excellent design, quality, and durability.

-Red and White combination is perfect for new and experienced pilots alike. It helps to know which way is forward, thereby reducing accidents and inadvertent control stick movements.

-Will not interfere with the Phantom 4 obstacle avoidance system.

-No messing with removing the factory clear clip that the OEM prop guards require you to remove for installation. You will eventually lose or misplace them over time!

-Easy "clamp and click" installation requiring no tools, only that the props be removed before installation.

-Relatively easy, quick removal. See cons below.

-These guards only weigh 112 grams total. Not a huge weight considering they are providing you protection and peace of mind.

-These guards stand well clear of the propellers (see photo) thereby reducing any accidental contact with a spinning prop.

-Even during gusty winds aloft, these guards held on well and you could definitely see the quad's guards moving around while the gimbal kept the shot steady. In other words, since you can see the guards in the camera, it's a great reminder and cool to see how well the Phantom 4 maintains its position and at the same time produced superb camera stability!

CONS:

-The four clip connectors on each guard could easily release, even in flight, causing vibration in the quad. I had 1 of 4 detach (on a single guard) but not all four at once. Triple check that they are ALL fastened securely prior to takeoff. Those that popped loose without me knowing caused no harm during my flights. You can usually tell when one is loose because the prop guard will sit at a slight angle. I did get vibration on the cement before takeoff with all of my clips fastened securely but this disappeared immediately after takeoff.

- Clips holding the prop guards should be thicker and more robust as well as having a larger "clip" tab that locks everything in place. Although it didn't happen to me, I could easily see the four plastic interlocking tabs on each of the four prop guards break over time or if proper care is not taken during storage of the detached prop guards.

In conclusion, all in all I am super satisfied with these guards and they exceeded my expectations. As said before, invest in these and save yourself money down the road in replacement props...especially if you are just learning!

As a side note, this product was sent to me for free or at a discounted price in exchange for a fair and unbiased thorough review. I take my reviews seriously and take care to do a thorough evaluation of any products I try and use. I reserve the right to update this review if I come across any new information or issues to add. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 443
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 421
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 445
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 460
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 461
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 466
Thanks for detailed review and nice to hear designed to not interfere with VPS.

I am correct understanding that it is always visible in the image?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Fishie
Thanks for detailed review and nice to hear designed to not interfere with VPS.

I am correct understanding that it is always visible in the image?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes RemyHeli. I think with any prop guard you sacrifice protection over image quality/visibility. That being said, I did fly without the red attached (only two white at the back) and the P4 flew fine and at least gave me 50% coverage!

I have these same guards and they are only in the picture if the camera is at its highest setting and I am moving forward

Why prop guards? Why at all? In your entire post, you never once mentioned a benefit in using them and quite honestly, I don't see any. Further, I've never seen anyone really explain the benefit so I'm asking you. It seems most just assume they are a good thing to have on "because everybody else says so." I disagree. Personally, I see no benefit whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I believe the interference guards cause with navigation and propulsion cause more harm than they could ever do good in a catastrophe. I'm asking you to tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Why prop guards? Why at all? In your entire post, you never once mentioned a benefit in using them and quite honestly, I don't see any. Further, I've never seen anyone really explain the benefit so I'm asking you. It seems most just assume they are a good thing to have on "because everybody else says so." I disagree. Personally, I see no benefit whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I believe the interference guards cause with navigation and propulsion cause more harm than they could ever do good in a catastrophe. I'm asking you to tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks.

He listed several in the Pro's section

They have saved my props on multiple occasions and easily paid for themselves several times over.

The biggest advantage for me is making it easier to see which direction the quad is facing being that I have the red on the front.

Thanks.

Actually I did say that they were great for protecting your props however I could elaborate more in my review. I'm not saying that you fly with these 100% of the time but they are great for newbies who are learning to fly an do not have an RC history. I've been flying RC planes since the 1980's, helicopters up to 450 size for a decade, and in the last few years, various quads. For my heli I used homemade "training wheels" that kept me from landing unlevel and destroying my 450 heli. They were invaluable to learn on. From heli's I learned the ways to fly that you only get a taste of in Atti mode but at least you can drop the sticks and hover. With a heli, you don't have GPS or a barometer so one needs to know how to control cyclic and pitch and roll...especially flying nose in or inverted. Prop guards help those that haven't mastered orientation and control yet. Also, the P4 has a tendency to want to tip upon landing and spool down especially if a gust of wind comes at that moment. The guards save your props then.

Lastly, I saw no performance degradation with these on. The "blocked" surface area is so much smaller than the surface area the prop covers over the P4's shell that I would argue that the P4's body causes more loss of efficiency. You get little to no lifting ability wherever the prop circle crosses the P4 body.

See attached for my 450 heli's homemade training gear...
4731_85996353609_3065993_n.jpg
4731_85996358609_2049683_n.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan