Amazon Prime question.

Reaction score
I ordered a Gopro accessory a few weeks ago. It was about $32 with free shipping if I accepted the free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime. I get my statement. I see no charge for the item but a $ 99 fee for something. What is this? I really don't know what the prime thing is about. I never saw anything about a $99 fee. Anybody know how this works?

I ordered a Gopro accessory a few weeks ago. It was about $32 with free shipping if I accepted the free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime. I get my statement. I see no charge for the item but a $ 99 fee for something. What is this? I really don't know what the prime thing is about. I never saw anything about a $99 fee. Anybody know how this works?
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-amazon-prime,news-18041.html
I accidentally forgot to cancel the trial after the 30 days so was charged the $99. I did that once before and Amazon refunded the $99 AND didn't charge me for the shipping for the item. So when it happened again I just decided to keep it and in all honesty am glad I did because it's already paid for it's self and I'm really enjoying the "Prime Videos" since I don't have cable or sat. Amazon's pretty darn good about taking care of any issues someone might have about it.
BOT

Last edited:
That is what Prime cost for a year, you probably have the 30 days to pay it or opt-out. It is worth it if you order stuff online. I use it several times a month. It also gets you music & movies to listen to & watch. If you have an Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, smart TV or iPad, etc., you can watch the movies on them as well as your PC. I love the 2 day shipping and if your not in a hurry they will apply a credit for books or pantry items. Don't forget your entire household can get Prime on their accounts with just one membership. Well worth it.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
I have cable and have never used anything else for movies. I don't download music. When I have ordered before from Amazon, I have seen their pitch but ignored it. I don't order a lot from them but ya never know. I wonder why there is not a charge for the item itself. Is there a way to contact them by phone that you know of? If I order more stuff from them, it may be worth it. Not sure if it's for me .Way back in earlier years, I saw so many get screwed getting involved with record and book clubs. I always stayed away. Thanks for the replies guys.
Nick
Btw...I'm by myself and the dogs could care less.

This is nothing like record clubs form the 70's. LOL :D I think I am still paying off those 10 records for a penny! :rolleyes:
Usually the deal is a credit for $50 or $100 in credit, so when you buy they say you can get the item plus a $xx credit if you join prime. So the item is covered in the deal but the fee for prime is $99. It is really a good deal if you Christmas shop online. I find stuff on Amazon I would buy from a local chain store but when I can get it in 2 days and I don't have to make time in my schedule to go store shopping I am all over that! :) I tend to wait too long to get all the things I need when I travel so I will buy something 3 days before I leave and it's in my hand when I go. They even deliver via USPS on Sundays! I can't wait till my stuff comes by drone! :eek: :D Imagine ordering drone parts that get shipped to you by drones! :cool:

I have cable and have never used anything else for movies. I don't download music. When I have ordered before from Amazon, I have seen their pitch but ignored it. I don't order a lot from them but ya never know. I wonder why there is not a charge for the item itself. Is there a way to contact them by phone that you know of? If I order more stuff from them, it may be worth it. Not sure if it's for me .Way back in earlier years, I saw so many get screwed getting involved with record and book clubs. I always stayed away. Thanks for the replies guys.
Nick
Btw...I'm by myself and the dogs could care less.
Amazon
Customer service: 1 (888) 280-4331
Nick, if your a student then you can get Prime for 6 months of free trial.
If you only order from them something like a couple of times a year and don't care about the other benefits of Prime then I'd say you'd probably be better off not having it but like I said, that's what I thought too and eventually found it to be worth it (at least for me). I'm thinking the reason your not seeing the charge for the item itself is maybe it's a separate billing. Do you have an account with Amazon? If so go to your account page and you should be able to see all your purchases....
BTW, I live alone with a couple of mutts too and every so often I watch a movie with animals in it off Prime just for them and they watch the hell out of it!.. :D:D Then again, I'm a bit eccentric..LMAO
9g44xg0s86plsmf6g.jpg

BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
Amazon
Customer service: 1 (888) 280-4331
Nick, if your a student then you can get Prime for 6 months of free trial.
If you only order from them something like a couple of times a year and don't care about the other benefits of Prime then I'd say you'd probably be better off not having it but like I said, that's what I thought too and eventually found it to be worth it (at least for me). I'm thinking the reason your not seeing the charge for the item itself it maybe it's a separate billing. Do you have an account with Amazon? If so go to your account page and you should be able to see all your purchases....
BOT
I think I have an account...not sure. I have just ordered stuff through them. More now than before. Sometimes the deals are good but I have also seen where I could get the same item much cheaper elsewhere including shipping. Need to check it out more. .At 67, I don't think I will be considered a student...but I'm still learning. Thanks again guys for the info. ,.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl