Am I been to caring for my drone?

Reaction score
I only flew my drone once since it came back for repair (to the newbies.... I flew in rain, snow, etc..) and now today it's not raining. Grey clouds but no sunshine and no rain. Am I right thinking I still shouldn't fly due to mositire in the air getting into the electronics or am I being a bit over cautious? On one hand I flew in clouds last year in September and it was fine right up untill march this year where flying in snow most likely caused issues. So to me aby risk of moisture or water is a no no. But still....

What about flying when it's over cast outside. I attached a pic so you have an idea. I want to keep this drone in top condition
1523360047254.jpg

I think the key here is to check the dew point in your local weather observations. If you are very close to the dew point, I'd probably not fly since the air will be saturated with moisture. The other important thing you can check is a radar image and it will show you how much water is in the cloud.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yo Neon.

If you go outside and wave your hand around and you see moisture on it then don't fly.

;)

However, I have one of these in my shed if you want it.

I have had it for years but never got around to using it. I bought it from an Irish bloke.

Radar.jpg

£25 to you but you pay the carriage

Last edited:
Lol cheers guys. It's 86% humidity so I guess it's a no fly for me today

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart