Altitude

Reaction score
I live at 5800 feet above sea level. Will this affect the flight characteristics? Time in the air? Is a fix bigger props so it can grab more air?
Thanks

I saw a post a week ago stating the phantom was flown at 11,000 feet so you should be fine. You might not get the full 25 mins cos the props will be working harder but should be ok flight times.

CyberVet65 said:
I live at 5800 feet above sea level. Will this affect the flight characteristics? Time in the air? Is a fix bigger props so it can grab more air?
Thanks

I fly it reqular at 1,952 meters ( i dont know how many feet ) with no noticable diference when flying on sea level ... so you should be fine ...

I launched my P2V at 7400 feet at about 10 degrees F... flew up to 1300 feet above that when I lost wifi (before I found out I found out I wasn't supposed to go above 400 feet)

You'll be ok
tho for maximum flight time, If you're flying a Phantom 1 or FC40, you should probably consider the larger Phantom 2 style props that will push a bit more air.

ronhiner said:
I launched my P2V at 7400 feet at about 10 degrees F... flew up to 1300 feet above that when I lost wifi (before I found out I found out I wasn't supposed to go above 400 feet)

Maybe a dumb question but, How do you know how high you're flying. I hear it alot on this post. I would love to know where I'm at and what my limit would be.

The vision gives you that info on your phone screen otherwise if you get a phantom 2, you'll be able to see that data via the mini iosd if you do FPV

Ksc said:
The vision gives you that info on your phone screen otherwise if you get a phantom 2, you'll be able to see that data via the mini iosd if you do FPV
Thanks. I have the original. She is bullet-proof though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl