Alternative to DroneDeploy, Pix4D, and MapsMadeEasy?

Reaction score
Looking for other platforms that allow generation of orthophoto maps and 3D topographic models where you can easily share them for viewing online. The only ones I'm aware of are DroneDeploy, Pix4D, and MapsMadeEasy. Any others?

There is also Altizure, It isn't as good IMHO. For offline compilation I use Agisoft PhotoScan Pro. For cloud based processing I've been using MapsMadeEasy over DroneDeploy lately, especially for small jobs.

Reactions: clackey and BigAl07
I do work with OpenDroneMap. It requires some technical skill to get it up and running (command line, virtual machine etc.). I did a video series on it:
I also do a lot of processing with Pix4D. If you are not doing very many projects, it can be more cost effective to have someone process your image batches rather than paying for the software.
As for viewing online, as part of processing, I do 3D models into HTML. You can see some examples on 3dxmedia.com

Last edited:
I was looking to build 3d maps for a landscape company I own. Somehow get them into sketchup? model format and try to import them into my design program. Would like fairly accurate topo and I was thinking pix4d or drone deploy. probably the $50/mo option on pix4d and the $100/month on dronedeploy.

I see someone mentioned about processing image batches? who does that?

I can process images. I use Pix4D for processing. If you can get Pix4D for $50 a month, that is a good deal, I pay $350 a month. The various platforms usually have free trials so it is a good way to try things out. If you want to send me a batch, I will run it for free the first time. I can also help you with getting your models on Sketchfab or even your own website without using Sketchfab (you may need a paid Sketchfab account for larger models). You can see some of my models on Sketchfab here.
Feel free to email me: will(at)3dxmedia.com

I came across a free tool-chain for doing photogrammetry. It involves a few pieces of software but it looks promising.
It uses VisualSFM, Meshlab and Blender. It is a little on the complicated side but not too bad. Here is a good video on the workflow:

$50/month for Pix4D, where the heck are you getting that? Last time I checked it was $350/month.

Does anyone know of any standalone services that allow you to share maps and 3D models that include measurement and annotation tools? Services that you don't use to generate the map or models, just display them. I think Mapbox nor Sketchfab have options to integrate those tools. I believe it requires some custom app development.

$50/month for Pix4D, where the heck are you getting that? Last time I checked it was $350/month.

Does anyone know of any standalone services that allow you to share maps and 3D models that include measurement and annotation tools? Services that you don't use to generate the map or models, just display them. I think Mapbox nor Sketchfab have options to integrate those tools. I believe it requires some custom app development.

I havent been able to find one. I use photoscan and have been looking for a similar solution to share orthomosaics with clients and have them be able to take measurements and toggle on and off layers. I never found a viable option so me and a couple partners are currently developing one and we might need a couple beta testers when it rolls out (hopefully at the end of the month) if your interested. Only focusing on orthomosiacs for now and 3d models will be incorporated sometime in the future.

Sure, I would like to try it. I do lots of photgrammetry. I think 3D models would be important.

I can provide you pix4D processing for an affordable price per project.

Contact me if you are interested.

I did a video series on it:
I’m a fan— nice work on the videos. Been using ODM for about a year, works fine for the price. Haven’t been able to create a small enough 3D model to share on Sketchfab/free. The textures make it too big. Sure it’s a user problem.

I can use Lightroom’s Map tab to select all the images around a certain POI. Export & process in ODM. The result is always over the 50MB limit. If you have a way to do it, I’m sure a lot of others could benefit.

Not meaning to go off topic— Sketchfab seems like a great place to share 3D deliverables.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94