Alphabet, other companies want strict drone rules to apply to everyone

I'm new to this
Have a read about what the commercial drone alliance wants for ALL drone usage....

Alphabet, other companies want strict drone rules to apply to everyone

I'm new to the hobby, but it has already become apparent to me that the laws need refined and defined. They also need a system for the laws to keep up with the technology. What made sense 3 years ago might need expanded today.

With that said, no laws or legislation will fix stupid. Stupid is, stupid does. What may be needed even more than defined laws is an educated enforcement.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I'm new to this

I'm new to the hobby, but it has already become apparent to me that the laws need refined and defined. They also need a system for the laws to keep up with the technology. What made sense 3 years ago might need expanded today.

With that said, no laws or legislation will fix stupid. Stupid is, stupid does. What may be needed even more than defined laws is an educated enforcement.
Your right there. Its hard to fix stupid. New flyer here to. From Orlando

For one.....as FAA rule states....You must keep your drone in a visual at all times ! of course No body in the USA flys beyond their eye site do they !...Big long sigh !

Thanks Add my name to the list I don't either...I maintain a Visual at all times when i fly its the FAA rules not mine !...You know you never know who stops by to talk..a retired truck driver...a school teacher...a off duty police officer Or a person that works for the FAA !

Whats funny about this post is....Its sure not my rule...its a " Federal rule " from the FAA !
No body needs to get upset with me do they on my post (nope)

Last edited:
Thanks Add my name to the list I don't either...I maintain a Visual at all times when i fly its the FAA rules not mine !...You know you never know who stops by to talk..a retired truck driver...a school teacher...a off duty police officer Or a person that works for the FAA !
Im new to flying but even if i was not new i still would only fly in line of sight.

For one.....as FAA rule states....You must keep your drone in a visual at all times ! of course No body in the USA flys beyond their eye site do they !...Big long sigh !

I don't. I can foresee a time where that may be appropriate and the technology can accommodate that flight plan (and I emphasize PLAN) and should be allowed.

Laws are dangerous things. With none we find chaos. With overbearing laws we find corruption. Common sense standards wouldn't be bad.

Today we have a vague set of guidelines and rules, for various uses, based on intentions of the pilot at the time of flight. That is the definition if insanity if you ask me.

Additionally we have random enforcement by people that are vaguely informed of vague guidelines and rules.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of... vaguity (that's not a word, but I like it, so I'm using it) going on in this hobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72