Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Airport in PR.

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Jesse James, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Jesse James

I Brought the dj phantom 3 from New York to Puerto Rico hoping to fly it. Was more worried about damaging the bird more then anything while traveling. Problem is I am wright next to a major airport I walked down the beach about 2 miles. WIth no luck would love to fly it once before I leave. [​IMG] this is the message I am getting. And yes I realize if it's not safe I won't fly it but the airport is behind me and I want to go over the ocean. Thank you for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Tenly

Planes come in over the ocean too sometimes. The no fly zone is a Radius for a reason. You are too close. Do not try to take off that close to an airport. Hire a taxi and drive at least 5 miles away from the airport - then go nuts!

3. Jesse James

4. Jesse James

ok got u tomm is my last day hear i def will take a taxi 5 miles away/thank for your help.thats a pretty cool safety feature. thanks for your help.

5. Tenly

If the safety feature is working the way it's supposed to - even if you take off 5 miles away. If you try to fly back into the No Fly Zone it won't let you!

Hope you manage to get a good flight in before you leave!

6. Jesse James

Thanks guys I finally flew it in old Suan Juan. What's the easiest way to post the footage ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. Darmie

upload to youtube and post the link
    Having a drone back then while stationed at roosevelt roads would have been cool..