Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

As a beta tester I think the one thing it really needs is to be able to adjust the altitudes during the path that has been drawn. Not just the start and end points but to be able to draw an altitude curve. For example to be able to smoothly increase alittude and the slowly decrease altitude and then go back up to a finish point. This would be extremely useful. I like it so far but it really needs to have the ability to control the altitude during the flight path.

Alan

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
As a beta tester I think the one thing it really needs is to be able to adjust the altitudes during the path that has been drawn. Not just the start and end points but to be able to draw an altitude curve. For example to be able to smoothly increase alittude and the slowly decrease altitude and then go back up to a finish point. This would be extremely useful. I like it so far but it really needs to have the ability to control the altitude during the flight path.

Alan
If the path is effectively an infinite number of waypoints, could we specify waypoints along the route with a chosen height at that point? This would give more variety and control that setting start and finish height.

I don't know, but I would imagine this would be easier to implement than an infinite number of heights if a height path is drawn along the whole route.

Airnest Beta Update: Official Launch Date November 9th 2015

The Beta will end on the evening (U.S. Eastern) of Sunday the 8th of November. Airnest will go live the following day, November 9th, on the Apple App Store.

The competition deadline to win a free version of Airnest will be Thursday, November 5th at midnight (EST). Competition details can be found at www.airnest.com/beta

We greatly appreciate the feedback and support of our beta testers. Our development and design team is working to integrate many of the feature requests into our short term roadmap.

Thanks,

Justin

Just did another couple of flights using Airnest - worked flawlessly - zero issues this time. Here's one of the videos - circling The Rosecrucian Museum in San Jose, California,

Just did another couple of flights using Airnest - worked flawlessly - zero issues this time. Here's one of the videos - circling The Rosecrucian Museum in San Jose, California,

This is a fantastic shot! By the way we are going to be in San Jose for the Drone world expo (we have a booth) in November, We have free tickets to anyone in the area that wants to goto the show.

Reactions: Bigdz
This is a fantastic shot! By the way we are going to be in San Jose for the Drone world expo (we have a booth) in November, We have free tickets to anyone in the area that wants to goto the show.

Thanks - didn't think to take a screenshot for the contest - was having too much fun.

I didn't know there was an expo - I would love to go! You should have some t-shirts printed and have folks walking around wearing them.

@justinmiller I would love to go to expo, I live in San Jose.thx

Thanks - didn't think to take a screenshot for the contest - was having too much fun.

I didn't know there was an expo - I would love to go! You should have some t-shirts printed and have folks walking around wearing them.

That's a great idea, we will see if we can get some printed up in time.

Here is a form for anyone that wants a ticket and can actually attend. I will need email address so I can contact you with where and when to pick up your ticket, probably the evening before the conference in San Jose.

We have about 100 tickets I think, first come first serve.

Also we will have branded Airnest Aviators to those that come to the booth!

Really looking forward to flying with Airnest!

Justin, please confirm - when a Path mission is completed the quad will execute a RTH, which means a straight line home? Is there a possibility of introducing a choice - straight home or retrace the Path back to home?

Reactions: Justin Miller
Really looking forward to flying with Airnest!

Justin, please confirm - when a Path mission is completed the quad will execute a RTH, which means a straight line home? Is there a possibility of introducing a choice - straight home or retrace the Path back to home?

Yes it will currently RTH at the end of the path you can cancel this and We are working on making this by choice, it won't make initial release but will be in the first update. It may be a count down timer where you can cancel the RTH but then if you lose radio contact it will still come home.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes it will currently RTH at the end of the path you can cancel this and We are working on making this by choice, it won't make initial release but will be in the first update. It may be a count down timer where you can cancel the RTH but then if you lose radio contact it will still come home.
Thanks.

Sounds good. Stop and hover after completion would be my choice. and RTH triggered if no input was received in a given time or signal loss if that is detectable by the app is perfect.

Sounds good. Stop and hover after completion would be my choice. and RTH triggered if no input was received in a given time or signal loss if that is detectable by the app is perfect.
I was more interested in the possibility of the quad retracing the path back home, but upon reflection I think "stop and hover:" followed by a "start over" and drawing the retraced path back home would be fine.

What I am concerned about is if one drew a path around an object and the RTH flew straight home upon completion,

Edited to add: I suppose one could also draw the path to fly "there and back" solving both problems?

I was more interested in the possibility of the quad retracing the path back home, but upon reflection I think "stop and hover:" followed by a "start over" and drawing the retraced path back home would be fine.

What I am concerned about is if one drew a path around an object and the RTH flew straight home upon completion,

Edited to add: I suppose one could also draw the path to fly "there and back" solving both problems?

It's always a good idea to set your return to home altitude in the DJI GO app (we will be adding it to ours as well) higher than any objects you are flying around. Yes tracing a line that brings the drone back safely is always a good idea.

Some of this is strong deliberation among our team, there is a line we have to straddle in providing useful features but also being safe. Sometimes safety features can limit functionality and vice versa. We are paying attention to what everyone here says but on the inverse in our experience many here are quite experienced and safe in the way they fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart