Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Sorry for going a little off topic but any idea of reasoning behind this.

I have no idea, if I had to speculate I would guess it is one of two reason, or possibly both.
1) Reduce the risk of someone hacking your drone mid flight.
2) Stop 3rd party developers from developing their own controllers for the Drone.

Reactions: Chris P Duck

It will not stop this from working. This just floods the radio signal with so much energy your RC and Phantom will lose connection. It's important that you set up your fail safe options in DJI GO. Just be glad they aren't flooding the 1.3 GHZ band that GPS uses, else your drone could fly away, or an incredibly savy device could spoof the GPS location and take control of your drone. That's how Iran was able to force one of the U.S. drones down a couple years back. Fortunately doing so is pretty complicated.

Edited to add - Fortunately the vision system in the P3 series and Inspire helps with stopping someone forcing the drone down via GPS spoofing.

Reactions: Justin Miller
Heads up... the new DJI firmware for your RC now implements encryption between the RC and the drone itself. What does this mean for you? Not much really, however, any 3rd party app you are using that is not using the latest 2.4 SDK will likely stop working when you update your RC firmware.

FYI I re-read the email from DJI, this update may have been added encryption between the RC and the apps, not between the RC and AC. It's tough to tell by the way they wrote it.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Hi,

I have tested airnest and it is great !
A few things :

I have a problems with video feed, it disconnects a lot and I have a error message (il will note it next time) (not in dji go)

It would be great when you prepare the path, to be able to zoom and unzoom without loosing the drawing of the path to be very precise on some points and to plan long flights.

Other thing, it would be great to have more than one point for the camera

Cheers!

Hi,

I have tested airnest and it is great !
A few things :

I have a problems with video feed, it disconnects a lot and I have a error message (il will note it next time) (not in dji go)

It would be great when you prepare the path, to be able to zoom and unzoom without loosing the drawing of the path to be very precise on some points and to plan long flights.

Other thing, it would be great to have more than one point for the camera

Cheers!

Which drone are you using? We have some of the same problems as the DJI GO app and video, especially with the P3A, this is do to how DJI is encoding the video stream. We hope that they fix this in the next SDK release. Try opening the capture tool prior to opening Path or Point and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for the feedback!

Justin

Is there a distance limit? I have a path that I always take but when I put that in the app wouldn't let me do it saying something about being too far away the distance was too great. Is there a distance limited to this app?

Is there a distance limit? I have a path that I always take but when I put that in the app wouldn't let me do it saying something about being too far away the distance was too great. Is there a distance limited to this app?
Can you send me a screen shot of the error? We are not imposing a distance limit, however DJI does have a waypoint distance limit. I would need to see the screen shot to help you diagnose further.

Thanks!

Justin

I tried Airnest, and it worked very well. I have P3A, of some reason the video preview was black during entire path flight. What could be the reason? The video is available on youtube

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: bobmyers
Hi,

I flew a couple of times today with airnest and really it is great !

What I regret is that the video record automatically engage when you hit start.

Other things :

It would be great to upload the path without the phantom hovering but on the ground. We would save a couple of seconds of battery.

It would also be great that instead recording video automatically on all the path, that we could definite where it records when drawing the path

Even better: being able to define some spots where the drone should take a picture on the path.

Cheers and thanks for this great app!

Hi,

Other things :

It would be great to upload the path without the phantom hovering but on the ground. We would save a couple of seconds of battery.

It would also be great that instead recording video automatically on all the path, that we could definite where it records when drawing the path

Even better: being able to define some spots where the drone should take a picture on the path.

Is this still Beta --- are they projecting a release date?

I tried Airnest, and it worked very well. I have P3A, of some reason the video preview was black during entire path flight. What could be the reason? The video is available on youtube

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks for trying! Apologies for the lack of video, this does happen it seems with a few people, we started exhibiting the problem when we moved to iOS 9, just as some people have some glitching issues with video on the DJI GO app. The root of the issue is that DJI is encoding the video with an incomplete stream. They do not send compression IDR frames in the video stream and we are forced to use a static IDR frame, you can think of these as keyframes. That's basically a technical way of saying it's a non-standard h.264 stream. We have been unsuccessful at duplicating the issue since the latest update. I would suggest opening up the capture tool first and see if that makes a difference. We are hoping all glitches will be gone with the next SDK update.

I will continue to see if there is anything on our end we can do to replicate and solve the issue as well.

Reactions: aenbacka
Hi,

Other things :

We are currently working on a settings panel that will allow you to control all the camera/drone/remote settings and included we will have in app settings like record video automatically or not. This update will not make the initial app store release but is scheduled to be one of the early updates to the app. The RTH setting at the end of a path will have the ability to turn off though, this will come with a warning because you want RTH if you exit radio range!

Here is a short video of what the settings panel will look like, and where you will access it.

We are currently working on a settings panel that will allow you to control all the camera/drone/remote settings and included we will have in app settings like record video automatically or not. This update will not make the initial app store release but is scheduled to be one of the early updates to the app. The RTH setting at the end of a path will have the ability to turn off though, this will come with a warning because you want RTH if you exit radio range!

Here is a short video of what the settings panel will look like, and where you will access it.

Woah thats awesome.

The beta test runs out when the final version is released? Thats a little sad... But ill definitely be a customer :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka