Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

We are opening the Beta back up to new testers for the last leg of our testing. We have officially submitted to the app store and if all goes well with that we are one to two weeks out from launching. Details can be found at airnest.com/beta feel free to let anyone you think is interested know!

Additionally we are opening up a competition to all beta testers for a chance to win a free copy of the app, details are on the same page as above and we hope you participate!

Again thank you all so much for participating in our beta and your amazing feedback!

We are opening the Beta back up to new testers for the last leg of our testing. We have officially submitted to the app store and if all goes well with that we are one to two weeks out from launching. Details can be found at airnest.com/beta feel free to let anyone you think is interested know!

Thanks for opening it up ... looking forward to trying it out!

Reactions: Justin Miller
I went and flew through 2 full batteries at lunch and every flight was with AirNest. I thoroughly enjoyed it I had a couple of suggestions but I'll send them through the support route to keep it clean.

Ok. I am sold. Add one more customer! Nice big informational screens are just right for this old man's eyes. I would like to add option to come back along same route to use it like a patrol mission and allow user to pan camera as well as POI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin Miller
Sorry if this has been covered, I have read most of the thread but not every post...

My iPad is wifi only, so I usually cache the maps of my location before leaving home. Will this work with Airnest or do I need an active internet connection to use it?

Sorry if this has been covered, I have read most of the thread but not every post...

My iPad is wifi only, so I usually cache the maps of my location before leaving home. Will this work with Airnest or do I need an active internet connection to use it?

You can open the Airnest app and use either path, point, or flysafe to download the map tiles wherever you need to cache. Let us know if you have any problems with that.

Thanks!

Reactions: Cerone
Ok. I am sold. Add one more customer! Nice big informational screens are just right for this old man's eyes. I would like to add option to come back along same route to use it like a patrol mission and allow user to pan camera as well as POI. I am thinking my son will fly patrol spotting deer and relay locations to me!

Thank you for the comment! Just remember this is just version 1, we will be collecting all of this feedback, organizing it and merging it with our road map! We will have more information later on that.

Thanks!

Justin

Do you have a follow me mode? Please tell me works differently from DJI Which actually follows the controller Pretty pointless..

There is no follow me mode in Airnest. The only one that I know of that implements follow me in a different way than following the transmitter is litchi which I hear can follow another device running the Magic leash app.

I'll leave this public just for everyone's consumption...I started with a short path tonight, I failed to drop a pin for camera direction, I hit start, it took off flashed a short error message that I didn't really read, but it said error navigation...I hit OK, and my flight began, but the camera was rolled completely (10%?) to the right for entire route.

Landed OK, calibrated gimbal 2x, did not correct, had to manually bring it back to level.

No biggie, just throwing it out there. I'll keep using, love it!

I'll leave this public just for everyone's consumption...I started with a short path tonight, I failed to drop a pin for camera direction, I hit start, it took off flashed a short error message that I didn't really read, but it said error navigation...I hit OK, and my flight began, but the camera was rolled completely (10%?) to the right for entire route.

Landed OK, calibrated gimbal 2x, did not correct, had to manually bring it back to level.

No biggie, just throwing it out there. I'll keep using, love it!

Tricky, I am sorry you had an issue with your flight. Please let us know if that happens again. I've not ever seen that myself, did you by chance physically move the drone after turning it on and before your flight? Thats the only time I've ever had my gimbal go weird on me, but it almost always resets.

Thanks!

Justin

Reactions: Tricky
Do you have a follow me mode? Please tell me works differently from DJI Which actually follows the controller Pretty pointless..

Tony Perry is correct, we do not implement a follow me mode at the moment. We are not likely to make it a priority unless we come up with a great and innovative idea that will really add to the functionality of that kind of flight.

Thanks!

Justin

Feature request: Ability to set altitude for the camera's target. This would make it great for getting video of tall objects.

We've been considering an intelligent method for doing this for a bit now. I agree with you it is going to be needed! It's less of a technical issue and more of a UI issue, we don't want to crowd the screen with more toggles and sliders, but we will figure it out!

Thanks!

Justin

Going to take it out and use it soon, but just quickly, it is possible to include an option to change the unit of measurement from imperial to metric?

Going to take it out and use it soon, but just quickly, it is possible to include an option to change the unit of measurement from imperial to metric?

Yup, just tap the altitude label at the top of the app when you are connected to the drone.
You can see an example of how it works, though you can't see my finger I am just touching the altitude text across the top.

Yup, just tap the altitude label at the top of the app when you are connected to the drone.
You can see an example of how it works, though you can't see my finger I am just touching the altitude text across the top.

Thanks for that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka