Aircraft disconnected

Reaction score
Evening all

I had an abrupt series of Aircraft disconnected today. Was at 1200m distance, 53m altitude, clear LOS, over the beach. Signal went from full bars to black screen, no signal, off for nearly 10secs, back on then off again for 5secs.
The DJI Go flight log shows nothing - no warnings, airdata logs show the disconnect. A/C did not RTH, although RTH is set on signal loss.
At first I thought it may be a cable issue disconnecting the app,

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Now I'm not so sure, if that was the case wouldn't the app show the errors as well as the logs?

One, potentially important fact : I was within about 300m of this: File:Mast on Hilbre Island - geograph.org.uk - 1399460.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

It was a briefly worrying couple of moments - full signal to total signal loss in a split second!

I was wondering if there was a radar at the estuary, but I can't see that would cause this. I've had a couple of inexplicable losses of video signal and they are a worry at the time - I'm not sure but it looks like it was only your video that was lost, correct? I'm not sure that expending huge effort is going to bring you a reason and thereby closure, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It felt like it was only video, but the logs show what appears to be a total loss of signal - no way to verify.
But yes, I'll put it down to environment and be ready for it next time!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94